Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, August 4th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    reverselogic
    Skilled II

Heads up when using "Introduction" sections

I created my Web Builder site about five months ago (www.jackpad.us). I used the "Introduction" section on several pages. This section type only allows a limited number of characters in the text boxes. In the past, when you reached the limit, the character count would turn red and start displaying negative numbers. BUT, the excess text was included in the section when it was saved and published. I wondered about this behavior but did not give it much thought.

Due to limitations in Web Builder, in particular with respect to the Ecwid shopping cart software, I am in the process of rebuilding the site with WP. So, I have not been making many changes to the Web Builder site. Today, I edited one of the Introduction sections and discovered that GoDaddy is now enforcing the character limit. So making a small change ended up truncating the text. If you have any Introduction sections created before the current Web Builder version, you will probably have to convert them to Content sections if you edit any text sections that exceed the character limit.

Website + Marketing User since 2-Dec-2019
    Reverse Logic Limited
    1 REPLY 1
    MrVapor
    Super User 2020

The development team does a lot of good work on the product on a pretty constant basis. It's cool that they caught this bug and corrected it. Thanks for letting us know!

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community