• VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

PHP Login page won't load

I am migrating an existing website to GoDaddy.  I have a "Members Area" page that has a PHP Login that is working on my old host.  I've uploaded everything from the old host and recreated the database and tables for the login.  When I attempt to access the login page via the new site on GoDaddy, I get an Error 500, that says the domain is "currently unable to process this request".  I know I must be overlooking something very simple but, for the life of me I can't figure it out.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
    Highlighted
    Solution

Re: PHP Login page won't load

A quick call to tech support solved the issue.  The password to login to the database was incorrect and, once corrected, everything is working nicely.  I knew it had to be something simple, but it took a fresh set of eyes to spot the problem.  Thanks for the replies.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
    Highlighted
    Retired
    Not applicable

Hi,

It's sometimes the best way to check the simple way first, so here goes; 

What version of PHP are you using? If the answer is 7.** then this could be the reason. Check on what version Godaddy likes, sure it's 5.** or something. It's a long shot, but hey. 🙂

Highlighted
    Retired
    Not applicable

I really MUST go to bed now..... it's 12.30pm in cold Scotland.

Highlighted

Hi, @Retired</a>...

Thanks for the response.  Am using PHP 5.**.  I did check to see which version they were using and there didn't seem to be a conflict there.  In doing some troubleshooting, I think the problem lies in the database login.  In the main Member Login Page, I have a PHP "require once" statement that points to another PHP file that logs into the database.  In the database login, it requires a host and I think that's where the issue lies.  I'm not quite certain what the host ID should be.  I've tried several different things, "localhost:3306", an IP address that's on my MyPHPAdmin page, etc. with no luck.  I may end up calling support, I guess.

Highlighted
    Solution

A quick call to tech support solved the issue.  The password to login to the database was incorrect and, once corrected, everything is working nicely.  I knew it had to be something simple, but it took a fresh set of eyes to spot the problem.  Thanks for the replies.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
    Retired
    Not applicable

You're welcome friend,

Glad you got it sorted. Sometimes I find that just taking a break and a cuppa, then doing something else for a bit helps. It's always something really big, or really small. PHP can be very unforgiving at times.