• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Audio Player?

Hi all

Is there a way to add a different type of audio player? I tried a free HTML thing but it didn't seem to work on GoDaddy....

I want something like background music on the website, not a big embedded SoundCloud thing that the user has to click play on like is offered in the web builder.

2 REPLIES 2
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Re: Audio Player?

Hi @SlasherRadio. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! 

It sounds like you're using our Website Builder. Having an audio track that plays automatically as you've suggested isn't currently available on that platform. If this is a feature you absolutely need, you'll probably need to consider building the site using a different platform, like WordPress. 

The only workaround I was able to find was to embed a YouTube video that plays the music you want to use. You can do so by adding an HTML section. Once you choose the embed options you want on YouTube, you can make the video hidden by forcing the section to be 1 pixel in hight within the HTML section in Website Builder. (Forcing it to be 0 pixels in hight seems like it might work in the editor, but after the site is published, the video is still there.) This option causes there to be a small area of whitespace. You can make the video autoplay by finding the end of the video URL within your embed script and adding "&autoplay=1" to it. See the example below.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/[xxxxxxxxxx]?rel=0&amp;controls=0&amp;showinfo=0&autoplay=1" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    Helper II
    Helper II

Re: Audio Player?

@JesseW  Thanks for the tip!   I just added some salsa to a mexican restaurant site...   :-)