• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    New

Change email content sent to customers

Hi There, 

I have recently opened up a shop using godaddy. 

2 things I really don't like and have me considering to change; 

1. No option to change the email content thats sent to a customer

For this I mean - when someone buys something, when they sign up, when their order has been picked - when its has been sent to them. 

2. Unable to change any of the workflow in the shop - eg; Customer buys a product - theres no option to change the steps in the process to something like, new order, order accepted, order picked, order packed, order sent. It would be really good if we could change \ add steps and change - if any - emails to the client during this process. 

Oh and a third - there doesn't seem to be anywhere to view the history of the outgoing communication to the clients. I know I can review the orders - but I can't see the communication history. 

6 REPLIES 6
    Super User III

@RaZz0R   Welcome to the Community!  These are some good suggestions for the W+M team.

New

I concur with you on this as well. It would definitely be nice to customize the emails sent to customers. Take it 1 step further, even give them an option to track it in the order process as well as you mention in #2 of your bullet list

I can't understand how this is still an issue and has not been solved. Each time a customer places an order with us they get that canned email stating "we will notify you when your order is ready for pickup!". When we're getting dozens of orders a day, especially with the holidays approaching, I am forced to go through and send another confirmation email letting them know it's ready for pick up. This creates an extremely poor experience for the customer as it is very confusing. GET THIS FIXED ALREADY!

Each time a customer places an online order, a generic email is sent to them including the following statement:

"Hello John Doe,

Thank you for shopping with us. We have received your order and we will notify you when your order is ready for pickup!"

By having that statement included in the email it is setting us up for failure. Half of my customers get products shipped. In this case, the generic statement does not make sense.

For those that are picking up in-store, it is forcing me to contact the customer again. If I don't contact them, it leaves the customer confused. It is also causing the customer to call our store to ask if the order is ready, even when emails are being sent to them. This is a huge waste of time for my staff as well as myself. The worst part is that they are left with a terrible check out experience which may cause them to doubt our abilities and shop someplace else.

I can't understand how this is still an issue and has not been solved. I am not the only one asking for an option to edit this message. Each business is different in many ways but I am sure the majority would like this as a field that can be updated. GET THIS FIXED ALREADY!

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing. Let me address the two issues you are raising here,

Issue 1 - Ability to customize transaction emails sent out to your customers: We are aware of this need and do have this on our roadmap. I don't have an ETA to share at this point. 

Issue 2 - Your customers need to confirm with you on Curbside pickup: 

For Curbside/Instore pickup, you have the option either to let your customer know that the order is ready to be pick up immediately or you can explicitly inform the customer when the order is readied. You can turn On/Off immediate notification to customer, on the In-person pickup settings, per your need. If this still doesn't solve your immediate concern, please let me know how you fulfill your order and how you want to communicate order status with your customer.

Thanks,

Mohan Kumaresh,

Product Manager, W+M Online store

Product Team

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing. Let me address the two issues you are raising here,

Issue 1 - Ability to customize transaction emails sent out to your customers: We are aware of this need and do have this on our roadmap. I don't have an ETA to share at this point.

Issue 2 - Ability to customize the workflow involved in order fulfillment: We have tried to be as comprehensive with state progression for each order fulfillment workflow, but understand that you need more customization and communication mechanism built into this workflow. We did beta launch 'GoDaddy Conversations' mobile app that could help you with communicating with your customers. Give this a try and let us know your feedback. Here's the link to learn more about 'GoDaddy Conversation' Mobile app 

Thanks,

Mohan Kumaresh

Product Manager, W+M Online store