• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

GoCentral Contact form data retrieval

I would like to retrieve data submitted via the Contact form so I can use the responses for my business analytics. However, it appears I have to manually look at each email and then type the responses into a spreadsheet, because we (site admins) don't have access to the data file used for this form. Does anyone know if there is a workaround or way to pull the form response data that I haven't figured out?

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User III Super User III
    Super User III

Re: GoCentral Contact form data retrieval

You wouldn't be able to customize the scripting in GoCentral.

Possible workarounds are to create your own form mailer script in a regular hosting account or use a 3rd party form service. 

These can be integrated into the website using an HTML section.  The form code would need an action set, "_blank" to open a new tab or "_top" to use the same tab.

<form target="_blank" action="https://LOCATION.OF/FORM/MAILER.SCRIPT" ...

You may also need to set a height on the HTML section to account for the height of the form depending on how it is coded.  If you need help integrating the code from a 3rd party service you can post it by clicking the </> button in the formatting toolbar and copy&paste the code into the textbox.

Thanks, Nate! That is really helpful to know. I've already created a Google Form, and the response spreadsheet is ready for data. But my html skills are extremely basic. I do understand what it means to use target="_blank" to open a new tab, but is it possible to have the form integrated into my existing web page, and like you said, make it an html section (I've used that in another spot for my availability calendar, so I know how that works)? Or are you saying that my form would appear on my site as a button, and people would click on that to open the form? If a Google Form wouldn't work I could easily create a Word fillable form and an Excel data file. I'm just not sure how to make it all pretty and easy for my customers? And thank you again for any guidance you're able to give me. I've spent hours trying to find the right solution to this problem and it's using a disproportionate  amount of my available time. 😞

Super User III Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

You can get the HTML code in the Google Form editor by clicking Send and then selecting <>.  Copy&paste this into an HTML section in GoCentral.  I believe it is an iframe so you don't need to worry about the target, but you may need to set a height on the HTML section.