• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Karen Harris...photography Says Hello

Although I've had a few hiccups, my eCommerce site is finally up and running in a way I am OK with. While all seems to be ok for now, a few suggestions for GoDaddy:

1. Your technical support for the website builder is really bad. I can't believe you have folks who don't even know what the features are, and suggest we go to other providers for better sites and support. Why do I continuously have to solve my own issues or find alternatives at the cost of my audience and website rating with search engines?
    2. Templates for eCommerce need work - better selection with online shopping journeys in mind are needed. You folks must know, for instance, that all pages managed by GoDaddy in every template at the very least need branding or links back to the home page on each product purchase page through confirmation!
    3. Third party suggested vendor services do not delivered as promised when I purchased my commerce plan. In a number of cases, I seem to have no control over functionality and even site design when it comes to adding  things such as customer reviews and subscription options

Not asking for the world, just better attention to this product and support offering for those trying to get their online businesses stared.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @KarenHPhotos,

Welcome to the Community!

While I can't address all your concerns and suggestions here, a few things caught my eye.

1. We're sorry to hear you're not happy with our customer support. We have a vast array of help articles for building the Online Store and our support staff must direct you there. They are not able to help you DO something (out of our scope of service), but can direct you to the instructions to empower you to do it. That said, The Online Store has its limitations as it's built to be an easy manageable option for more new sellers. For more customized features, we will recommend a move to our Managed Wordpress hosting, where the choice of themes and plugins provide greater commerce options. 

2. The GoDaddy mention on the store pages can be removed. It is a universal feature, so removing it from the home page should remove it from all. You'll find the edit in the footer of the page.

3. To help you manage some of the features, please check out the article above. And this one may also answer some questions for the Marketplace connections.

We appreciate your feedback and will be happy to pass along your information. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @KarenHPhotos,

Welcome to the Community!

While I can't address all your concerns and suggestions here, a few things caught my eye.

1. We're sorry to hear you're not happy with our customer support. We have a vast array of help articles for building the Online Store and our support staff must direct you there. They are not able to help you DO something (out of our scope of service), but can direct you to the instructions to empower you to do it. That said, The Online Store has its limitations as it's built to be an easy manageable option for more new sellers. For more customized features, we will recommend a move to our Managed Wordpress hosting, where the choice of themes and plugins provide greater commerce options. 

2. The GoDaddy mention on the store pages can be removed. It is a universal feature, so removing it from the home page should remove it from all. You'll find the edit in the footer of the page.

3. To help you manage some of the features, please check out the article above. And this one may also answer some questions for the Marketplace connections.

We appreciate your feedback and will be happy to pass along your information. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post