• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Making transition from a client-side only site.

My two previous sites were freebies given to customers of ISP services and "wjporter.com" is my first real site.  At the moment I only have a NoteWorthy page up (a link from the default new page).  While I know it works as is, what do I need to know to be able to create my own hit counter, be paid for hosting ads, and/or keep up with specific users?  I know JavaScript and older programming languages but not Java, PHP, C++, or dot net.

Also, are there some books that can help me get up to speed?

TIA

3 REPLIES 3
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Re: Making transition from a client-side only site.

Hi @wbport

Welcome to GoDaddy Community and thanks for posting your question. I moved your post to our Building and Managing a Website board as it seems a better fit for what you want to know. 

There are a lot of different ways you can build websites and relate to your clients. Many people use CMS applications like WordPress to build and manage sites. You can also do it with HTML, CSS, and the other languages you mentioned. A great resource I've referred many people to his W3 Schools, which has a ton of free educational content for scripting languages. 

As for keeping track of your traffic, hit counters are generally not very reliable. A better option is an analytics platform, like Google Analytics. That would give you a much better idea who uses your website. 

Affiliate marketing is something that many people use to advertise on their website. The way you earn money from this depends on the provider you use. We partner with several companies if you're interested in displaying ads for GoDaddy. For more information, take a look at:
    https://www.godaddy.com/affiliates/affiliate-program.aspx

That's my answer Smiley Wink I'm sure others in the community can also way in! Good luck!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    New

Unable to connect to remote server from godaddy

I built a website on visual studio using c# language, I used solrnet on my website and I connected to its server by http://localhost:8983/solr, everything were OK until I published the website on godaddy, I wasn't able to connect to solr anymore. On Godaddy I replaced localhost:8983/solr/temp with publicIp:8983/solr

Re: Making transition from a client-side only site.

Thank you