Update my Microsoft 365 account to Exchange in Outlook (Android)
If you're using Microsoft 365 as POP or IMAP, your data (including mail, contacts, and calendars) might not be connected to your email and could be lost if you delete that account. To prevent any data loss, and to get the most secure, fast, and reliable email, switch your POP/IMAP account to Exchange.
- Open your Android's Outlook app. (Don't have the app? Download it at the Google Play Store and follow these steps to set it up.)
- Tap Menu, then Settings.
- If you're ready to remove your POP/IMAP account, tap the email address, then scroll down and tap Delete Account. Tap Delete to confirm.
- To add your Exchange account, tap Add Mail Account, then Add an email account.
- Enter your Microsoft 365 email address and tap Continue.
- Enter your Microsoft 365 password and tap Sign In. (You might need to choose your account type as Work or School.)
- If your admin enabled multi-factor authentication (MFA), verify your account or set up the Authenticator app.
- Your Microsoft 365 account now shows in Settings. Go to your Inbox to check your email.
Required: If you're using POP settings, data like your messages, folders, calendars and contacts only exist on your email client and the device you use to check your email. Before switching to Exchange settings, back up your data so you can either import it into your account or reference it later. For instructions, please refer to your client provider.
Note: If you forgot your email password, here's how to reset it.
Your email is now set up as an Exchange account!
- If you use other email clients, set up Exchange on them as well.