Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    sim8899
    New

Memorial

I'm trying to make a memorial page on my website.  When using Go Central all I see for options are: Blog, About, Calendar, Contact, Content, Files, Photo Gallery, Menu, Sell Online, Social, Subscribe, Video, Audio, and Reservations.  No where do I see a blank page or custom page builder.  All I want to do is have their name, under that I want to put their Date of Birth, and Date Of Death, and a small picture right next to it.  That's all I want to do.  Can someone please help??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Muse
    Super User I

@sim8899

Being GoCentral is a web builder we are limited by the options provided.  There are no custom blank pages -- we have to use the widgets that are available.

So I played with it a bit and this is what I came up with as a work around.  Create a new Memorial Page.  Then add the Content widget with the 6 picture grid (second from the top).

Just use that grid for your memorials.  SITE CONTENT could be changed to Memorials.  Change the Headline to the person's name. Description could be the DOB-DOD.

Do this for every set of 6.   If you don't have that many delete all the groups but leave Testimonials and use that for each person.  Add a New Content widget, delete all groups but Testimonials, customize for the memorialized person.  Rinse and repeat.

HTH! 😉

Leave the description box blank and nothing will display below their photo.

Judith
    "Good things happen to those who hustle." ~ Anaïs Nin

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Muse
    Super User I

@sim8899

Being GoCentral is a web builder we are limited by the options provided.  There are no custom blank pages -- we have to use the widgets that are available.

So I played with it a bit and this is what I came up with as a work around.  Create a new Memorial Page.  Then add the Content widget with the 6 picture grid (second from the top).

Just use that grid for your memorials.  SITE CONTENT could be changed to Memorials.  Change the Headline to the person's name. Description could be the DOB-DOD.

Do this for every set of 6.   If you don't have that many delete all the groups but leave Testimonials and use that for each person.  Add a New Content widget, delete all groups but Testimonials, customize for the memorialized person.  Rinse and repeat.

HTH! 😉

Leave the description box blank and nothing will display below their photo.

Judith
    "Good things happen to those who hustle." ~ Anaïs Nin

View solution in original post