cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webmail reply stuck at "loading..." in body of reply email

i can't reply to emails. the reply hangs at "loading..." showing in the body of the email (loading the email chain, i suppose, as i have my replies include the text of the email i am replying to.)

it is not possible to type in the reply box.

i first noticed this problem last night.

HELP!

godaddy reply wont load.jpg

32 REPLIES 32
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: webmail reply stuck at "loading..." in body of reply email

Hi @longtimecustomr. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! I'm not sure what would be causing this. My first suggestion would be to try clearing your browser cache. If the issue persists, you may also want to try to duplicate the error on another computer/network. If that doesn't work, you may want to touch base with our customer care team so they can make sure there are no issues with the account itself. Hope you're able to get this figured out!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Mine has been doing that also. It started about 3 days ago. Help!

New

I'm having the same issue. I called and spoke with a Godaddy rep who had me clear the cache. It did nothing. So, then had me use a different browser (Chrome since I was using Firefox), it doesn't get stuck in Chrome. I'm now having the issue of not being able to delete messages. ???

@longtimecustomr wrote:

i can't reply to emails. the reply hangs at "loading..." showing in the body of the email (loading the email chain, i suppose, as i have my replies include the text of the email i am replying to.)

it is not possible to type in the reply box.

i first noticed this problem last night.

HELP!

godaddy reply wont load.jpg

I'm having the same problem. If I try to reply or forward, I cannot type in the message part of the email. The cursor stays at the end of the "To" field. I can press Tab or use the mouse to momentarily get the cursor into a different field, but it immediately returns to the end of the "To" field. I can add destinations to the list, or delete existing ones. I cannot make any changes anywhere else. The spinner stays in the message area at all times.

If I try to Compose, I can fill out everything, including typing a message. The spinner stays in place the entire time in the message section. The emails send correctly.

I am using Firefox 55.0.3 64bit. I have cleared the cache. This started a few days ago, I don't recall exactly when. Seems I had a Firefox update recently.

Using Webmail, I cannot send, forward, or reply to email as email body is stuck on "loading" and preventing functions.  Reading incoming email not affected.  Browser is Firefox 55.03.  This is my business email account and seeking help ASAP.  Godaddy status shows no outage/conflict???

Thank you....

Has there been a resolution for this in Firefox?

I have same issue.

Can't use my business email b/c hung up on loading...skips to address bar instead of allowing message to be typed.

What's going on with this? Same issue for 3 days. I have same Browser. Same problems. Renders my business emails useless as I can't reply.

Started for me on either 8/31 or 9/1.  Firefox 55.0.3.  (Not a chance this'll make me switch to Chrome or anything else)  If you click the "plain text" tab (I use "rich text" by default) the compose window loading issue goes away and you can now type in the box.  If you click on "signature" it will add your previously formatted signature box - in crappy plain text.  But I also am a business and want my "signature" to not look plain!  Sounds like a GoDaddy issue, not a browser issue.

Sorry GoDaddy.  I admit jumping to conclusions was wrong.  Did some searching about Firefox after I found this thread with so many Firefox people with the exact same issue.  Apparently when Firefox updates (and they did just do a bog one) it doesn't necessarily remove old ones.  I had two - ver 50 and the new 53.  Removed them BOTH and reinstalled from scratch the newest version.  Ta Da!!!!  All is good in my GoDaddy Workspace email.  No more spinning loading wheel.

Yep, that worked. I had two different versions of Firefox downloaded on my computer. I uninstalled the older one and now everything is fine again. If that doesn't work, maybe try uninstalling all Firefox applications and reinstall.

I had two versions too. However, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox multiple times, and it has not resolved the issue for me. Obviously something is being saved on my computer to prevent the uninstall from clearing whatever is causing the issue. Any suggestions? My Win XP system works fine. This only happens in Win 10.

New

I refreshed Firefox from this page: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

The issue was resolved and then returned. After a few more tries, it appears that the McAfee WebAdvisor Add-On is related to this issue. When this Add-On is disabled, the problem is resolved. When the Add-On is enabled, the problem returns.

I managed finally to fix the problem by uninstalling FireFox and doing a new install. However, I had to take additional steps to uninstall all settings from the previous bad FireFox installations.This is the key info I found from the FireFox help pages:

1. To remove other files and folders that may not be removed by the uninstall, you must manually delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations by default:

• C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox

Remove user data and settings

The uninstaller does not remove any user data such as history or bookmarks. If you wish to completely remove this data, you must manually delete the Firefox folder containing your user profile:

1. Click the Start button or press the Windows key Windows Key to open the Start Menu.

2. Type %APPDATA% (when you start typing, a Windows search will start) and press enter to open the hidden Roaming folder.

3. Open the Mozilla folder.

4. Delete the Firefox folder.

Alternatively, you can press the Windows key Windows Key +R to open a Run dialog, type in %APPDATA%\Mozilla\ and click OK to open the Mozilla folder, then delete the Firefox folder.

Based on information from Uninstalling Firefox (mozillaZine KB)

After I had done both steps (deleting the installation folders and deleting the user settings) manually, I reinstalled FireFox from a downloaded installation program, and synced it to my saved settings. I can now compose. The origin of this problem, however exactly it came about, clearly lies with the FireFox update.

@diadora wrote:

Using Webmail, I cannot send, forward, or reply to email as email body is stuck on "loading" and preventing functions.  Reading incoming email not affected.  Browser is Firefox 55.03.  This is my business email account and seeking help ASAP.  Godaddy status shows no outage/conflict???

Thank you....

I do NOT have multiple versions of Firefox installed on my computer so removing/reinstalling browser is not a fix for me.  However, I just "refreshed" Firefox  (menu, ?help, troubleshoot information, refresh) and that seems to have solved problem for today.  Please take note I had no problems with gmail, hotmail, or outlook during my godaddy webmail outage.  Thank you community for suggestions.

New

I just spoke with a rep yesterday, and was notified that they want everyone to move to Microsoft Office 365 mail. They are no longer supporting their webmail and so now we are not given any help to solve this issue. Way to go....Go...Daddy. What this means is they will charge you almost $100.00 to migrate you to the new email server and then charge you more to use it. I am not a fan of Microsoft products, since they are money suckers, so now I have to start looking for another service to use for my company email and website. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

New

A rep told me yesterday that it is a browser issue, although also telling me they want everyone to migrate to Microsoft Office 365 email, so will no longer support their webmail client. The only way I've found to reply is to use the incognito tab, to open it, and that works, but is a real pain to keep up.

Thanks kt77! Your identification of a link between the problem and the McAfee WebAdvisor extension enabled me to resolve the problem with the "Loading..." message appearing and staying in the body of a new message on two users' systems. Both systems have Firefox 55.0.3 installed with McAfee Total Protection and the McAfee WebAdvsior. When I disabled the WebAdvisor extension in Firefox, the problem no longer occurred.

For a quick work-around, try using the "Updated View" of email - the link is at the top, right side of your screen, just below your user name.  I don't like the layout, but it did at least enable me to reply to an email!

The problem came back the next day, so the root cause is NOT the FireFox update software or multiple installations. I'm stumped. Will try the other suggestions in this thread. And start looking for another email service if this one is not going to be supported. I have no desire to migrate to a MS product.

I can't reply to emails. The reply hangs at "loading..." showing in the body of the email (loading the email chain.

It is not possible to type in the reply box.

New

Had the same problem start happening a few weeks ago.

I just did the suggestion of going to the upper right of the screen and switching from "Classic View" to "Updated View" (that Workaround mentioned above) and now I can reply to emails again without that lagging "loading" thing happening.

Smiley Happy

Hope this helps.

The bottom line is GoDaddy blames everyone else and Mozilla Firefox blames GoDaddy. Unfortunately, we are all stuck in the middle because no one on either side rally wants to look into the problem and fix it!

I am about done with the both of them and am looking for good alternatives. They both remind me of Microsoft and Adobe. It's never their fault!

However, here is one clue I figured out yesterday. Since I couldn't get my web based (GoDaddy) email to reply or forward just like the rest of you,  I load up Safari (I have Mac) and my GoDaddy email works just fine. Figure that one out! When questioned, Mozilla denies this and suggested I did something different.

email

email

when i want to reply to an email the reply comes up spinning constantly saying loading and never changes. will not allow me to type a message, attach, or add addresses

if i start a new email does the same but i can typ in past etc. and send mail.

Great suggestion that works!

Can't say I care for GoDaddy's 'updated view' though.

I have a Mac, so there is no McAfee extension to disable. I continue to have the problem. I reinstalled Firefox, didn't fix the issue. Refreshed Firefox, no resolution. GoDaddy support was not at all supportive, he had no idea what the problem was and wasn't about to waste any of his time to help me figure it out. As someone else on this forum has noted, the only way I can reply/send emails is through Safari. Firefox doesn't take responsibility, GoDaddy doesn't either. Don't know what's happened to GoDaddy over the past few years, but their customer service has deteriorated to almost nothing. If anyone has any suggestions on a better, more responsive provider, share it with us all, please!

I had no trouble at all once I switched to the new layout for email. However, none of the other methods (including a complete wipe and fresh install of Firefox) worked for very long.

I'm have been having the exact same problem for over a week now.  Need help.

The problem is when you switch from Classic you lose a lot of functions, including SPAM related stuff, that just is not there in updated view.

The other big thing, no way as I can see to access remote mail.

If you are using Ubuntu 16.04 and Firefox, upgrade to Quantum (V57) and you can still use the Classic view.

To save you the hassle of searching, from a terminal type:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mozillateam/firefox-next
sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade

If you want to restore the older version (have not tried this personally):

sudo apt remove firefox
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:mozillateam/firefox-next
sudo apt install firefox

umm ... to save you from typing errors ....

To copy each line, highlight then

"<Control>< C> " each line from above, go into the terminal and type:"

"<Control>< Shift>< V>"

to paste it into the terminal window, then hit Return.

Thanks.  I had found a simple solution--I started using Google Chrome to open my website email and it worked fine.  Then, tonight, I inadvertently used Firefox (out of habit) and it worked fine.  No reply page loading problem anymore!  So, either I'm just lucky, or GoDaddy and/or Firefox figured it out and fixed their problem od it was just one of those Internet conundrums that pops up for a while and then disappears.

I've been having this problem too.  My workaround was using IE.  Then  the problem went away on its own.

Just completed a reinstall of Windows 7 and all my software.  Was very disappointed to find the email reply problem had returned.  Searched and found this thread.  People mentioned the Firefox add-ons.   I played with disabling mine and found that disabling Adblock Plus made the problem go away.  Looked at the old versions and saw Adblock Plus switched to web extensions at the beginning of November.  I loaded the pre-web extensions 2.9.1 version and I can still reply to emails.

I'm running Firefox 56.0.2.  I hated 57 and switched back.

Go to settings, manage applications and disable android system webviewer.