• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    New

USPS shipping calculator won't show flat rate boxes

In my store I selected the USPS calculator. The problem is it won't give my customers flat rate boxes as an option. Some of them paid $17 for shipping when they could easily pay $12.80 for medium flat rate.

2 REPLIES 2
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

Re: USPS shipping calculator won't show flat rate boxes

@KrisIL 

Unfortunately, being able to calculate to use flat rate boxes, if applicable, is not an option in GoCentral. That's because there is no way for USPS to know which of your products would fit in that flat rate box based on weight.  Weight alone is not an indicator -- physical size of the item(s) comes into play.  And only you know what will fit...

This is where shipping formulas that allow all those type of variations are necessary.   Especially if all your products are different dimensions and weights.

If all your products are relatively the same size and weight, what you could consider is setting up your shipping to be more of a flat rate system.  For example, you can set up First Class to be a flat rate.  Then setup a free Priority say for orders over $50 -- which is pretty common online.  For folks who want Priority under $50 you give them the price for what that will be.

If all your products are different sizes and weights, you'll probably want to consider a platform with more robust shipping configuration options such as WordPress + WooCommerce.  

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "I failed my way to success." ~Thomas Edison
    New

Re: USPS shipping calculator won't show flat rate boxes

But I do put the item size in shipping tab of the product so system knows what size it is