• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted

Website is gone, never notified it would expire!

I believe I used an early version of the website builder.   It never prompted me for payment and never mentioned that I would have to pay.   I thought cool!  so I made a quick site.  and it sat there for a year.   So I checked last night and it was just GONE.   poof bu-bye.  I got nothing in my email or notifications letting me know that I would have to renew or start paying, just GONE.

superczartemple.com

It's my band.   It's low priority.   I can recreate it.  But Geez guys.   What a dumb experience.  Hoping some PM in your department sees this and feels some sympathy 🙂

Additionally it seems that you dont even have the content!?!?!?!?!   wow.   what a business plan.   you could have easily upsold your average user to "turn back on" their content.   But poof-bu-bye.   WOW.   Honestly, I would love right now to just download the single index.html page I had so I can upload to AWS - but you kind of screwed me out of even that.

Off to AWS to recreate this now.   So dumb.   As an aside, I wouldn't pay for the Builder for something as simple as my band.   But it was sure convenient for my dumb band.   Easy enough at AWS but it's just a couple more steps.  With godaddy it was simple with the builder, actually it was perfect for my band.  But only as a freemium offering - no way i'd ever pay.   turning it off without any heads up was a jerk move

2 REPLIES 2
    Highlighted
    Super User III
    Super User III

Re: Website is gone, never notified it would expire!

@subatomic 

I am a GoDaddy end user like you so I can't help with your files. But I can say that I have had issues with expired products before.

GoDaddy "groups" items together so you could have an expiration and renewal notice in the same email / or say a domain that is expiring and unless you scroll down you don't see the other items also expiring.

The Websites + Marketing are not just straight HTML pages from a "file manager" perspective so you wouldn't have been able to just download an index file and move it to AWS.

Just out of curiosity  - I was unaware of any website builder at AWS - so are you just going to code an HTML page or use something else at AWS - just looking to compare apples to apples.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted

Re: Website is gone, never notified it would expire!

Hi

I could have screen shotted the layout and reproduced in html.

I could have hit save in my browser. In the end it’s just a. Webpage that
    is generated. It may be more complex than html. But I bet it would have
    saved out. Then maybe I could have uploaded it. Not ideal. I would
    likely have not taken this route. Depends what I got I guess

Yes. I actually recreated the entire thing tonight in a few hours in html.
    It wasn’t hard. I know html well. It was just a nuisance for me since I
    didn’t want to try that hard with my band. But clearly I didn’t need to
    pay any subscription to a builder app ;-). So I’m not their target. Just
    would have been nice to reactive so I could have one last look Who knows,
    I bet people with a similar issue would have renewed/activated and paid

--
    Sent from Gmail Mobile