• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

How do I find my subscribers?

I've built a simple web page using the GoDaddy website builder. It is just going to act as a landing page until we are ready to launch. On the page there is a box where people can insert their email to find out more. I can't figure out how I am able to access the emails of any subscribers though? Probably worth adding that I didn't purchase an email account when I opened the site. Thanks!

16 REPLIES 16
    Employee
    Employee

Re: How do I find my subscribers?

Hi there @heatcb!

Thank you for posting! Where you would see those emails depends on which email address you enter there. If you enter an email address you already have, you would receive the emails to your inbox.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Hi Heather, I have the same question but I would like a clarification of your answer.

It sounds like you are saying that the website is going to email the subscriber's information to the email address that I entered for the contact us page (because I can't see anywhere to enter it in the Subscribe section).

If someone enters their email address into the SUBSCRIBE box (not the contact us page) - where does this information go, exactly? Where and how can I access it? Are you saying that I will receive an email message every time someone subscribes?

I am wondering if I can integrate this field with my email service provider (ConvertKit), possibly with Zapier? (I don't have Godaddy's email service because I am very happy with ConvertKit and don't want to change.)

Thank you for this clarification.

- Gail M

On a GoCentral webpage (Luxe theme), where is the subscriber's email address captured?

When a person enters their email address into the "Subscribe" section of a webpage built in GoCentral website builder with the Luxe theme, where does this information go? (Note: this is NOT the Contact Us section.)

I need to understand how the subscriber's email address is captured so I will be able to access this information.

Thank you for this clarification.

New

I'm still not clear. I think the follow up question is essentially asking the same question that I still have. I also don't have a godaddy email so are any subscriber notifications going to my own email address? 

I would also like more clarification. Someone enters their email and hits "subscribe". How do I find out this happened? Do I get their email address or is it shielded from me? Do you send an email to the email of mine that you have on file to notify me of new subscribers? What are they subscribing to? Just changes or additions to the website? Thanks.

Hi Heather,

I have just published my first website and I have exactly the same question. When a reader enters his or her email address into the window indicated and hits subscribe, what happens next? Where does it go, please?

How do I access the information of a person who has subscribed to my site? I know someone has because she told me she had, but I have no record of it anywhere and I was not notified, either.

Thanks very much for your help.

Kat

I would also like access to my subscribers.

Follow these steps:

• Click on " Edit Site"
    • Click on left side of page option where three horizontal lines are there like this:Capture.PNG
    • Click on Email marketing.
    • You will see somewhere on the page, your subscribed customer.

Heather - your answer does not help. I want to know where the subscribers information goes. The other person's message below yours doesn't help either - I can't find the 'edit page' link anywhere.

Please can you point me to some simple instructions on where to find the subscribers' email addresses. I assumed they would be sent to my email address but they have not been. I know this as I tried out the system for myself using my personal email address.

email marketing is not an option for me. i checked settings but cant find it

Hi all; well I came across these postings ,looks like months of discussion, to never arrive at a clear answer; seems this has something to do with the version of website builder and a failure at GD to keep the info up to date.

As per the folks above, in the newest version of website builder there is NO clear direction nor indication nor options to actually SET the subscriber settings ie assign a collection/admin email...someone please prove me wrong because as usual 99% of the time zero GD chat agents available to assist

Just chatted with a GoDaddy rep, who was very helpful! This is what he said:

"So as per the Team you won't get an email from that submission, as it just adds the email submitted to your Subscribed list in the email marketing (GEM) section of the WSB"Contacts" in WSB dashboard. You can check that by going on this page of your account, you can click this link to go to the page. WSB Contacts Page"

That's under websitebuilder.godaddy.com

A list of all my subscribers popped up there!

Hope this helps! God bless!

Does anyone know of a way to have notifications when someone subscribes to your blog or website, to have those notifications sent to your own email account instead of the Go Daddy Go Central - click on email marketing dropdown and then select subscribers?  I want my subscriber notifications to go to my email - not Go Central site.  Any ideas?

cstrasia
    Former Employee

Hi @Hgarcia11,

By default subscriptions do not trigger an email notification. We just assume that you're getting so many subscribers that it would be too many emails!  However, if you'd like to receive updates via email you can reach out to our dedicated support team at gem@godaddy.com and they can enable it for you.

Thanks again,

ChristieS

Sr PM, Email Marketing

Solution

Hi All, so I was struggling with this same problem when using the new GoDaddy Wbsite Builder (GoCentral). Other than sending an email to GoDaddy email marketing team, I seem to have come across a way to view this.

1. Go to the Dashboard of your Page (Click Dashboard on the top right or if in Edit mode, click the GoCentral icon and click Dashboard)

2. When you come to this page you should see a "Email Marketing" tab appear right next to the "Dashboard" tab - If you dont see it then follow this >> On the right side of the Dashboard home page you will see a space saying "Create Newsletter" - click this (even though you may not want to create a newsletter) - doing this may enable the Email Marketing tab.

3. On the Email Marketing tab click on the drop down and click "Subscribers" - now at first you wont see anything here - but on the Subscriber page in the Grey left section notice the link "Suppressed" - click this and you will see the emails that have submitted their email IDs on your Subscribe / lead gen page.

Above seems lengthy but is super simple once you get to it. Alternatively you can try clicking on this link - https://gem.godaddy.com/audience_members?ua_placement=shared_header#audience_list_suppressed - post login you should be able to see your list directly (not 100% if this works though).

cstrasia
    Former Employee
    Solution

@anurag_s - thanks for sharing these steps! One thing I'd like to add / clarify... the Subscribe process is 'double-opt-in', which means the site visitor will need to click a link in an email we send to them to complete the subscribe process. If they do not click that link, they will show up on the Suppressed list.  As long as someone is on that list, ie. haven't confirmed their subscription, you will not be able to send them email marketing campaigns.

Once the subscriber confirms their subscription they will appear on the All Subscribers list as well as the Newsletters list (indicating they subscribed via the Subscribe section on your website).

I hope this is useful.

thanks again, 

ChristieS