• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

UpdraftPlus confirmation email not received

I have a Wordpress site that uses the UpdraftPlus plugin to perform backups. In the settings, I have turned on the option to send a confirmation email.   The logs indicate that an email has been sent to webmaster@messiahwaterloo.ca, (and messiahwaterloo.ca is the domain name that GoDaddy is hosting for  me).

However, webmaster@messiahwaterloo.ca never receives the email from UpDraft.  Not even in the Bulkmail folder. 

Any ideas on how this can be corrected?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
    Highlighted
    Solution

Re: UpdraftPlus confirmation email not received

The problem turned out to be an MX Record setting.  The cPanel setting needed to be changed from Local Mail Exchanger to Remote Mail Exchanger.

(My website could send emails to any address except those ending in it's own domain name, and the email address that UpDraftPlus was using fell into that category.)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
    Highlighted
    Rockstar I Rockstar I
    Rockstar I

Hi @messiahwaterloo,

One thing to check is to make sure that you have your notifications correctly configured in UpDraftPlus.  You have several options depending on the status of the backup.  For example, you can configure it to only send on error, send on saving to remote directory, etc. 

If this doesn't work let me know.  I've used UpDraft as my primary backup/migration tool for a couple of years and haven't had this issue, but there have been quite a few updates to the WP environment at GoDaddy as of late.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites
    Highlighted
    Solution

The problem turned out to be an MX Record setting.  The cPanel setting needed to be changed from Local Mail Exchanger to Remote Mail Exchanger.

(My website could send emails to any address except those ending in it's own domain name, and the email address that UpDraftPlus was using fell into that category.)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
    Rockstar I Rockstar I
    Rockstar I

Glad you go it fixed!!

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites
    Highlighted

Hello,

I hope you can help I am having the same problem, but from Contact form 7 on my WP site.

Messages are being sent but not received in my office 365 / outlook account.

I have changed my MX settings to remote email exchanger.

What am I missing? Thanks.

Highlighted

Hello,

I hope you can help I am having the same problem, but from Contact form 7 on my WP site.

Messages are being sent but not received in my office 365 / outlook account.

I have changed my MX settings to remote email exchanger.

What am I missing? Thanks.

Highlighted

Hi @stagg100.

If the MX setting is correct, I'm not sure what else might be causing the issue you described. You may want to check the spam folder in your Office 365 account. You can also try removing any links/URLs in the email you are sending to see if that helps.
    It could also be an issue in Contact Form 7. To test this you can try sending email from your account another way, using a simple php mail() script.
    ^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 Support | Check System Status