Cancel Protected Registration
Removing (or cancelling) Protected Registration from your domain name will enable you to complete tasks such as transferring your domain, moving your domain to another GoDaddy account, or canceling your domain completely. If you bought the Privacy & Business Protection bundle for your domain, it included Protected Registration.
- Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select your domain from the list.
- Scroll down to Additional Settings and select the remove Protected Registration link:
- Click the Remove Protected Registration button.
- Verify your identity by entering your verification code. This will be sent via SMS or authentication app for two-step verification or an email for a one-time password (OTP), depending on your account settings.
- Enter your verification code and select Verify.
You'll see a confirmation message that we're removing Protected Registration from your domain. It can take up to 90 minutes for Protected Registration to be removed completely. Some features may be unavailable while this process completes.