cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
anjxed
New

Changing domain names in VPS

I'm a newbie in this and I was wondering if anyone could help with this. Say i have xyz.com up right now. but then I made abc.com, I want xyz.com to point to the content of abc.com and I'm dropping abc.com

In short, changing the domain name of a website

Note: Both are wordpress websites and both content of the sites are in 1 VPN and the VPN account and the account for the domains are different

Edit: added additional information

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adrian8
Helper VI

Hello @anjxed

You have to copy the DNS from abc.com to xyz.com

After that the xyz.com will show the content from abc.com

🙂

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Adrian8
Helper VI

Hello @anjxed

You have to copy the DNS from abc.com to xyz.com

After that the xyz.com will show the content from abc.com

🙂

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.

View solution in original post

GotRVcom
New

I have a domain that we are changing the name and appearance. Everything else will remain the same. I have a VPS and use Plesk. What steps do I need to take to successfully make the name change from ABC.com to AAA.us? Can I simply rename the name in Plesk for the preferences DNS etc,  to reflect the new name?

I have reset the DNS on the GoDaddy site but I am not pointing to the old active website. I am thinking there is more to do and is not as simple as redirecting the DNS As Plesk won't let me add a A Record with the new name, instead defaults back to the original domain name..

Some steps to complete this process would be awesome!

PS when I called in the support then asked if there is someone I could pay at GoDaddy to make the change for me, he said there is no service like that available. Ouch.