Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
nadsurf
New

Limit on the number of DNS records

Hi there.

I have a domain and its DNS is managed by another provider. I recently found that I was unable to create additional DNS records since I have reached the limit.

I am considering moving the domain to GoDaddy for the DNS but first I want to know what is the limit on the number of DNS records here?

I did a search and got 2 contradictory results:

https://www.godaddy.com/community/Managing-Domains/Maximum-Number-of-Subdomains/td-p/11956

https://www.godaddy.com/community/Managing-Domains/Web-interface-DNS-records-limit/td-p/145658

One says that the limit is 100 while the other says that it is 1000.

Can anyone confirm?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TLH

Hi @nadsurf,

Welcome to the Community!

The official number of DNS records allowed varies whether you have Standard DNS or Premium DNS (additional charge). 

Standard Domains = 500 entries

Premium DNS = 1,500 entries

If you currently have more entries than this, you can keep and edit them, but can't add new entries until you delete below these thresholds. I understand you don't use GoDaddy services yet, but want this out there for those already using GoDaddy DNS and are reviewing this reply for information. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TLH

Hi @nadsurf,

Welcome to the Community!

The official number of DNS records allowed varies whether you have Standard DNS or Premium DNS (additional charge). 

Standard Domains = 500 entries

Premium DNS = 1,500 entries

If you currently have more entries than this, you can keep and edit them, but can't add new entries until you delete below these thresholds. I understand you don't use GoDaddy services yet, but want this out there for those already using GoDaddy DNS and are reviewing this reply for information. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us

View solution in original post