Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
tosson
New

Rename Domain

Hi,

I need to rename my domain name 

Now I've domain name "almousawere.com" and I need to rename it to "hama-ideas.com".

Is it available? in case I published my website on another server "MyWindowsHosting.com"

Thanks & My Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Muse
Super User I

@tosson

You cannot rename a domain -- once you own it, you own it until it expires.  What you can do is change the domain on your website.  How you do that depends on your hosting.

You can check domain availability with the search box on the GoDaddy homepage.  I checked hama-ideas.com and it is available.  So is hamaideas.com.

Having a domain without a dash is preferable.  If you want to make your domain readable in print then register both and forward the dashed version to your website.

Onliners may forget the dash and the last thing you want is after all your hard work is to find out that someone else owns the undashed version of your domain and visitors go to that site!

Here is a a tutorial on Quick Tips to Think About When Choosing Your Domain Name.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"Boldness be my friend." ~ William Shakespeare

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Muse
Super User I

@tosson

You cannot rename a domain -- once you own it, you own it until it expires.  What you can do is change the domain on your website.  How you do that depends on your hosting.

You can check domain availability with the search box on the GoDaddy homepage.  I checked hama-ideas.com and it is available.  So is hamaideas.com.

Having a domain without a dash is preferable.  If you want to make your domain readable in print then register both and forward the dashed version to your website.

Onliners may forget the dash and the last thing you want is after all your hard work is to find out that someone else owns the undashed version of your domain and visitors go to that site!

Here is a a tutorial on Quick Tips to Think About When Choosing Your Domain Name.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"Boldness be my friend." ~ William Shakespeare

View solution in original post

mishadow
New

hello. I have domain name and i bought hostingfrom other provider (Bluehost). now i want change the name of my domain. Is there any costs for this? and how i must to do this process?

Retired
Not applicable

Hi @mishadow,

You can not change BIG.COM to small.com......

You can change it in the context of this.com assigned to this hosting account changed to that.com to this hosting account. But you would need to own both this & that.com.

Other wise you have to buy and register a brand new domain. Yes there are costs..... you will have to see how much your new domain will cost, I can't tell you, you will have to find out yourself.

thank u