• GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Form fonts on Website builder

I've been able to build some fillable forms on Website Builder. So far, so good.

However, the fonts used on the forms and field labels are WAY too small, and the font in the text boxes is so light I can barely see it.

Any guidance on changing the fonts so the forms are more legible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Adding this to the head worked for me:

<style> label { color:black !important} </style>

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
    pambecht
    New

I would like the answer to that question as well. So far, I have had no luck in finding the answer on the internet. Please help!

@Dinner4Six @pambecht

Hi Folks!

Thank you for participating in our community. With Website Builder, the fonts and font sizes are determined by the theme you've chosen. They can't be changed traditionally. However, you can create floating text blocks with the text in the size and color you want and place them over top of the original form text as a workaround. Hope that helps!

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Is there any site-wide CSS that can be used to change this? It makes contact forms, especially, useless, with no way to override the color on the confirm checkbox.

Adding this to the head worked for me:

<style> label { color:black !important} </style>

View solution in original post

Thanks for the assistance!

One other question... how can I make user-entered text darker? It's currently light gray and hard to read.

What do you mean putting head? Are you using html coding and if so, share the full script please. I tried using html coding with your script and it does not work.

Hi All,

I just figured out why the form font gets affected and form fill box. It is because of my script in html coding.

I just omitted below html coding and everything worked for contact form.

}
    input[type=text],input[type=password]{
    width: 100%;
    height: 15px;
    padding: 5px;
    margin-bottom: 10px;
    margin-top: 0px;
    border: 2px solid #ccc;
    color: #4f4f4f;
    font-size: 16px;
    border-radius: 5px;
    }

Sincerely,

Alvin

@abawanalvin Welcome to the community and thanks for sharing your fix! I hope it helps others with similar form issues.

Naterx - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

Hello Moderator - Can you tell all how to change the font and colour of font for text in contact forms please? Also when we have text next to radio buttons.

Thanks, Vivek

@Naterx wrote:

@abawanalvin Welcome to the community and thanks for sharing your fix! I hope it helps others with similar form issues.

@Naterx  As suggested in several places I tried the various scripts in an HTML box on my contact page.  Doesn't seem to do anything.  I am told by tech support changing a form is not possible.  I was also told that there is some HTML code to unlock the form for modification.  Any ideas how to fix forms???

She (Forms) is right!  This worked for me too.  Going to Site Settings and adding this code to the HEAD area did it.

The key though is that I couldn't see the changes in the editor.  Only after Publishing and looking at the actual website could I see the changes.

I changed the font to Arial size 24 by adding the "font-family" part below:

<style>
    label {color:blue;font-family: Arial, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, sans-serif;
    font-size: 24px;}
    </style>

This changes only the form labels though as the code indicates.  I'm not sure how to change the font of the form fields themselves yet.

I too am having trouble with this issue.  How do you create a floating text block?  When I choose the text icon to the left of my page it only offers a very small font, in gray rather than black.  Please be more specific about how to address this problem.

How can I upload or import text from a Word doc or a pdf file to a text box on my site?

Wow, that is truly pitiful. I can edit anything on my web site EXCEPT the form that every single person uses to contact me. Lame. Any other workarounds? Can you guys fix this please?

I agree. The forms text is a disaster. It looks like a ghost. There is no reason why we can't have the option to choose darker text for both labels and input (and box line). OR - just make the text a little darker automatically. It can't be that hard for you guys. I'm sure many will appreciate this effort (even those who have not commented yet). Thanks

Hi Heather,

I'm a long time GoDaddy user. The old website builder was frustrating to use. Unfortunately, the new website builder is not an improvement. It seems to have less features and less editability, especially in the forms builder. 

Realizing you probably have no control over this, I ask you report the level of dissatisfaction verbalized here, before GoDaddy's clients start leaving to other providers. 

Best Wishes

Hi @TestyWebmistres!

Thank you for posting! I am happy to pass any feedback you have along to those who can act on it. Do you have anything specific you'd like me to pass on?

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

The fonts on the forms page are horrible without the ability to change the text.  Color is a huge issue for me, as people have to use this form to contact me as well.  Please add some options for text color!

Being unable to darken the font on the form is awful - I am extremely sorry I chose this template BUT IT IS TO LATE TO CHANGE WITH ALL THE WORK DONE

The form is the most important part of the website and I cant adjust the font.

TERRIBLE - TERRIBLE - TERRIBLE

Hi - I can't seem to find any way to increase the size of the fonts - all of the print is way too small.... help!