• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted

Removing and Re-creating Staging Site

Recently I tried to update my theme in staging and it broke everything. I had pulled all files to my local harddrive before going through the update process, and when it broke, I simply pushed everything back to the server that I had copied down to my Local through FTP. 

When I did that, certain things show up on my site, some text, some images, but there are other large chunks of my page that contain images and text that don't display at all. I can't understand what has happened. If I go into look at the backend of the page, all the content is there, it just won't display some of it (and there is no real pattern that I can see about what it is choosing to display and not display)

Pushing production to staging with overwrite has not resolved the issue. I think it would be best to remove the staging site and re-set it up, but I am not certain if I click the remove button, will it give me the "Create a Staging" site button again?

There isn't anything to be lost at this point, but I need to update the staging environment with everything currently on production and go in and make some changes for an upcoming product release and right now, I can't get the current staging site to display the majority of the content. 

I just need to know that if I remove this staging option, there is an easy one button click to re-create a staging environment that I can then push production to and hopefully everything is a-ok after that.

Thanks in advance for any insight!!

3 REPLIES 3
    Highlighted
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

Re: Removing and Re-creating Staging Site

...if I click the remove button, 
    will it give me the "Create a Staging" site button again?

Yes, it would go back to how it was before you created the staging site.

Highlighted

Recently I tried to update my theme in staging and it broke everything. I had pulled all files to my local harddrive before going through the update process, and when it broke, I simply pushed everything back to the server that I had copied down to my Local through FTP.

When I did that, certain things show up on my site, some text, some images, but there are other large chunks of my page that contain images and text that don't display at all. I can't understand what has happened. If I go into look at the backend of the page, all the content is there, it just won't display some of it (and there is no real pattern that I can see about what it is choosing to display and not display)

Pushing production to staging with overwrite has not resolved the issue. I think it would be best to remove the staging site and re-set it up, but I am not certain if I click the remove button, will it give me the "Create a Staging" site button again?

There isn't anything to be lost at this point, but I need to update the staging environment with everything currently on production and go in and make some changes for an upcoming product release and right now, I can't get the current staging site to display the majority of the content.

I just need to know that if I remove this staging option, there is an easy one button click to re-create a staging environment that I can then push production to and hopefully everything is a-ok after that.

Thanks in advance for any insight!!
    Highlighted

Vijaygod, did you actually respond or just copy my entire question and past and post? I am having a hard time finding your response.