• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Restricting delivery options for my online store

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me? I have an online store that offers free local delivery within a set postcode area from our shop. However, I have started getting orders through from outside of those postcode areas, which I then have to contact and issue a refund. I have clearly labelled the delivery options so that it is obvious they are selecting for that postcode area, but this hasn't stopped the orders from coming through. Is there any way to block addresses from being accepted from outside of the qualifying postcode areas?

Many thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
    Helper V
    Helper V

Re: Restricting delivery options

@Sarah78,

I don't think it is possible to block orders by postal codes!, anyway please call GoDaddy product team and do confirm it...

Regards,

Praveen Thomas

GoDaddy 24/7 Support www.x.co/247support
    ----->NEXIA
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I
    Solution

Re: Restricting delivery options

@Sarah78

Are you on GoCentral?

Unfortunately, GoCentral doesn't offer that level of shipping formulas such as you describe.   The thing is though, if you are getting so many orders that is it becoming cumbersome to do the refunds -- that's called opportunity!

How about considering moving to WordPress where you can have that level of control?

Otherwise you could raise your prices to compensate for free shipping for all.  Or, you could charge shipping and use that as way to "thank" local customers and refund them for supporting your business.  And if you have a storefront, you could include in your refund notice a 5% discount if they come into your shop.  That would help cultivate your local market!

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
    "I failed my way to success." ~Thomas Edison