Connect my domain to WordPress
If you built a site using WordPress and you want to use your GoDaddy domain name with it, you'll need to connect your domain to your site.
Note: You do NOT need to transfer your domain in order to use it with WordPress. It's easier to simply connect your domain, as you'll avoid the complications and wait time it can take to make a transfer.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Next to domains, click Manage.
- On the domain you want to connect, click either Use My Domain (if domain is newly registered) or Add Website:
- Click the Connect button under Connect to an existing site:
- Under Websites, click on WordPress:
- Under WordPress blog URL, type your WordPress site's URL (e.g. "http://www.coolexample.wordpress.com") in the field provided, and click Next.
- Click Finish.
When visitors enter your domain name into their browser, they will now be redirected to your WordPress site.