Export MySQL databases
You can export your MySQL database to import into another database server or store locally as a backup. Follow these steps to export the MySQL database to a file and download it to your computer.
- Sign in to phpMyAdmin.
- On the phpMyAdmin home page, from the menu on the left, select the database you want to export.
- From the tabs at the top of the page select Export.
- In the Save as file section, check the box.
- Select Go.
Note: If you're working with a large database or a database with a large number of records in a table, you'll need to use Secure Socket Shell (SSH) to export the database.
- Import SQL files into MySQL databases.
- Visit the phpMyAdmin site to learn more.