Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
JKHI
New

Some incoming emails being blocked

Hello. I have been using godaddy email with my domain now for a year. In the past week, I started getting notified by people that email me regularly that their messages are saying Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender and "This message has been rejected due to content judged to be spam by the internet community IB212". This is a huge problem as this an email that is used for business and I pay to use it. I talked with tech support and they could not give me an answer.

Does anyone know what the deal with this is? I need to be receiving these emails, this is now effecting my business and it cannot continue. Ive looked at the emails in question and there is nothing I can see that fits the criteria to be considered spam.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JesseW
Community Manager

Welcome to GoDaddy Community @JKHI!

That particular error would be related to the content of the email that was sent. Most often it is because something in the message makes it appear as though it is a newsletter or or marketing email (images, links, etc.). This could be part of the senders signature or even your own (if the issue happens when someone is replying to one of your emails). It could also be due to a link in the email having also been included in an email that another user in the system marked as "spam". The error can sometimes be overcome if the sender includes an "opt-out" link for their service. However, that would only be in the case that it actually was a newsletter or marketing message. 

Our support team should be able to identify exactly what it is if you have a copy of the original email that was sent and the bouncback message. Since it's someone else that's sending to you that's seeing the error, you would have to get them to forward it on to you. 

Does anyone else in the community have experience with this? Would like to see some additional insight here. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
JesseW
Community Manager

That particular error would be related to the content of the email that was sent. Most often it is because something in the message makes it appear as though it is a newsletter or or marketing email (images, links, etc.). This could be part of the senders signature or even your own (if the issue happens when someone is replying to one of your emails). It could also be due to a link in the email having also been included in an email that another user in the system marked as "spam". The error can sometimes be overcome if the sender includes an "opt-out" link for their service. However, that would only be in the case that it actually was a newsletter or marketing message. 

Our support team should be able to identify exactly what it is if you have a copy of the original email that was sent and the bouncback message. Since it's someone else that's sending to you that's seeing the error, you would have to get them to forward it on to you. 

Does anyone else in the community have experience with this? Would like to see some additional insight here. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.

View solution in original post

I'm having the same issue only on steroids with emails bouncing back from a few but not all of my customers!  These are not new customers and we have been receiving emails from them with no issues for over a year.  I have tried tech support several times with no positive results!  Anyone have any info that may help?

I am also having emails not coming through. Trying to work with a DJ for an important function. He responded and told me the exact date (8/1/16) and time he responded to my original email - his never made it through.

He tried again (8/6/16) while we were speaking on phone - again his email did not come through.

Same problem with rejected emails.

GMAIL works just fine, but GoDaddy rejects my business partners whom I have communicated with for over 3 years.  Same types of contents, urls and attachments.

Right now all fingers are pointing at GoDaddy internal setup...Willing to implement any fix specified.

Same problem and just in the last 2-3 days . What did GoDaddy change?

Here is the message. 

The link to fix the issue does not work either.

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

todd@toddtaylorphotography.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain todd@xtwrerts.com bysmtp.secureserver.net. [72.167.238.29].

The error that the other server returned was:
552 5.2.0 aoYo1t0143nX0U101 - aoYo1t0143nX0U101oYoRF This message has been rejected due to content judged to be spam by the internet community IB212 - If you feel this is in error, please submit a request using the following page. <https://checkspam.secureserver.net/?sid=aoYo1t0143nX0U101&mid=aoYo1t0143nX0U101oYoRF>

Hello @TaylorPhotograp,

Welcome to the community! There's a link in that bounceback message with suggestions on what to do to fix the issue as well as a form for you to fill out to report the bounceback. Have you tried that yet?

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

This issue popped up for me today for the first time regarding a client I have been working with daily for over a decade. 

I followed the checkspam...link and submitted a ticket and received an automated email saying to expect a response in 72 hours. I'm trying to run a business and don't have time for that.

Is there a faster solution? Thanks.

1. - How do I select the image to send you. 

2. ERROR IB212 - is not on the list 

Not a very helpful solution.

TT

Has anyone found a solution to this problem. I tried to send a test proposal to my business email from my broker portal. I sent it twice and it never arrived. I sent it to my personal account account and it came through in two seconds. I'm not sure what's going on.

Hey @Wonderer,

If you reach out to support with a copy of the email and the bounceback message, they should be able to tell you why it's getting bounced.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

I am seeing this and have been for probably 9 months or so.  Automated signup confirmation emails are never arriving in our inboxes.  They used to and then they stopped.  They are business related and I have to jump through hoops to get a manual email sent with the same information.  Unfortunately because the emails are automated noone is monitoring the sending (no-reply) address and I have been unable to determine any error messages.

I am facing the same problem on emails within the company. The problem is that it's intermittent and not consistent, so I couldn't figure out what it's happening.

When I am copied on an email from one of my colleagues, I sometimes receive the email, and other times it just vanishes.

Please let's skip the preliminary causes such as anti-virus, firewall, junk email, and spam. It is NOT the case.

The email account is for my company and it's crucial that I receive all that is sent to me.

Urgent response please.

Hazem

Is there some reason GoDaddy can't just allow all inbound email (except, perhaps, those with viruses attached, if they can / do block those)?  I'm perfectly capable of recognizing spam without GoDaddy's help, and my email client already does an exceptional job of filing incoming spam as spam, so I have no need for GoDaddy to protect me.  If other people do, well, give us a setting.

I know some people will think I'm weird, but two days ago (before GoDaddy was hosting my mail server), I'd get hundreds of spams, today, I had 5.  And yes, I find that disturbing because before, *I* could go look in the junk folder if someone said they emailed me, now, I can't, because GoDaddy blocked it before it ever reached me, and I trust my brain far more than GoDaddy's filters.

(This is my first post.  Is this strictly a user-to-user forum, or are there GoDaddy reps here?)

Yes, I am having similar problems. Incoming messages coming from mailers with a Verizon address and containing links to New York Times articles that I sent them in the first place are ending up in the spam detector. Despite spending much time on the phone with two different tech support persons the problem is still occurring. The second tech support person told me I was on a spam 'black list' likely put there by Verizon. He promised to have me removed from the black list in 72 hours. It hasn't happened. At great personal time and expense and I am going to have to discontinue using the GoDaddy email service unless I can get this sorted out in the next 24 hours. 

"Our support team should be able to identify exactly what it is if you have a copy of the original email that was sent and the bouncback message."

Your team DOES NOT READ. I tried resolving this issue with online support probably 5 times (different dates just to avoid the same support team member). None of those guys have a clue what is going on. Every time I chat with ANYONE from online chat technical support they always refer back to this stupid page where we should copy paste our email content.

I tried that multiple times and guess what ???? NOTHING ! Every single time i send this **bleep** form i got email from you "this is not the email content".

I have automatic email being sent out like a thank you email via wordpress and you blocked it. There is no bloody way to unblock it. Same goes for woo-commerce! WOOOCOOOMMEEERCE send AUTOMATIC EMAILS - like thank you for the purchase - AND YOUUUUU BLOOOOCK IT !!!!!!!!

I'm having the same problem  my own emails are getting back sending to my same domains  this is crazy!!!

I am having an issue where some of my godaddy emails I send to clients or business partners are received by them, however some are not. This week I was sending an attachment, as well as just responding to an email - both to the same person - and neither of my email were received by the intended recipient. I had to switch to my personal gmail account to continue to communicate.

I have not had this problem before, and it has me rethining whether I can trust godaddy email for my business. Has this issue found a fix yet?

I've been having same problem for months--possibly a year. Mine is also a business account where many business partners get bounce back messages and I never receive their e-mails. Most of the time I never know that there is a problem. Why don't blocked e-mails go into my "bulk e-mail" folder so I can choose to ignore or not?

@JesseW wrote:

How do I get someone to forward an e-mail to me when that user is being blocked from sending e-mail to me? This "solution" isn't really a solution.

I have created a new website on Divi and added a contact form. The test message was sent ok and other people sent me message too. But I have received neither in my inbox. I check with GoDaddy support who said that my e-mails are blocked due to virus - not only on the new website but all 20+ websites and to open them I need to buy their security package that will cost over £800. That is a huge expense for me and in anyway I do not know the actual problem. Can anyone help?