• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Helper V

Item numbers not displaying on product page or cart or doing a search

Unfortunately, I just noticed that the item number (or SKU) is not displaying on any of the products I've created. It doesn't display on the product page or in the cart. It also does not show up when doing a search. Yikes! Many of my products have similar names, so not having them is a huge issue. Since I need for customers to have them to refer to for returns, calling in with questions, etc., I've decided I'll have to manually type it in the description. With 1,500 products, this is not a minor thing.

Since my site isn't live yet, what I really need to know is whether the SKU/item number will show on the final checkout screen, on the Shipment Notification e-mail, and on the packing slip. Can anyone who has tested this or has a live site tell me if the item number is shown in these places?

Also, if you have a sample, could you take a photo and post it here? I'd like to know ahead of time what those pages/e-mails look like. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
    New

Re: Item numbers not displaying on product page or cart or doing a search

Following!

Hi @Hopeful

Thanks for always posting in our forums. I did reach out to our Advanced Technical Team on this and as of right now there has been an update for our Online Support where the SKU code does display within order confirmation emails. However, the ability to search products by SKU in Online Store is not available, you can only search by product name or description. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support
    Helper V

@AM6I wanted to update everyone about SKU numbers. Now that my site is live I have looked at it myself, the SKU # does not show up in the product description or the cart. If you want it to you would have to add it to your description and/or your product title.

The SKU # does, however, show up in the checkout screen, but ONLY if the user clicks on a small link under the thumbnail product photo that says "Show Details" or "Details" (I don't recall which it is.) So, it's there, but they'd have to go looking for it.

SKU #'s will only show up in a Search if you have manually added it to your description or title.