• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

gocentral and displayed images

Each time i delete images from my image library i noticed it automatically deletes my images on my website. I delete images from my library because of the volume of images i have so that i can easily upload new images during editing, The more images i have the more time it takes to upload new one.Please what can i do?

5 REPLIES 5
    Helper IV
    Helper IV

Re: gocentral and displayed images

Images will not be inserted directly on your site. It will be uploaded to the library and then the link of that image will be inserted in to your site. So if you delete the image from library, the link to that image will be broken on your site. Hence that image will be broken on your site. So don't delete the image from library if you want that to be displayed on your site.

Product Team
    Product Team

@vickyalam Thanks for raising this. We will look at ways to make it easier to manage multiple images in the library. Is your main problem with the number of images the upload time, or keeping them organized?  Thanks, Christine, Product Manager

Hi, has this issue been addressed? I actually need to delete a bunch of images that are still on my website. That particular gallery will be phased out in a few months but I would like to keep those images on the site for another few months. 

I tested this today and deleted an image, but when I published and viewed the page, the picture was still there. It's exactly what I want, but I did receive a message stating if I delete the picture, it will no longer appear on the website after I publish. Has this changed?

Thank you,

Denise

dkenney804
    Product Team
    Product Team
    Solution

Hi @dkenney804, thanks for the question. For that specific gallery widget, your image will be preserved on your website even after deleting from the Media Library and republishing, so the error message is not accurate in this case. We are working on standardizing the behavior of deleting from the Media Library and its impact on the website to reduce confusion.

Can you provide more insight into why you are looking to delete these images (rather than just remove from the website itself)? Are you wanting to delete these images forever or simply replace them on your website but potentially use them again later on your website or elsewhere?

Thanks,

William

Product Manager

Re: gocentral and displayed images/

@wball We have a new car show occurring in a few months and the one that occurred in 2017 will be totally removed from the website. I was just trying to clean up the media library but it can wait until the 2019 car show occurs.

Thank you for your quick response,

Denise

dkenney804