cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Just a question about .EU domains.

Hello everyone,

I got myself a deluxe shared hosting plan here and in the past I could always access my website within 2 hours.  Now this has already been 15 hours, so I am slowly getting worried here.

When I choose the eu domain the store kindly reminded me that I had to be a resident within the European union, which I am.  However now that it takes longer than normal I try to find out if something else is wrong and not that I have to wait 24 - 48 hours.

For example, how do they check on me to see if I am actually living in the Netherlands, do they send me a letter to my home address and that I have to return it to them, so it wouldn't take 48 hours, but probably a week or more?

If there is nothing wrong and I don't change anything, why does this page https://dcc.godaddy.com/domains/ say DNS Only (Off-site).

Well I'm somewhat worried that things went wrong and that I need to wait a long time before things work out right, so another question of mine is it possible to access my website from a fabricated link containing the ip address my user name and home and public html, since that is where the website is pointing towards?  Ofcourse I tried this fabricated link myself without any luck, but maybe there is some way so I can still work on the website without the dns?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution

Re: Just a question about eu domains.

I feel pretty stupid right now, but it appears eu domains are not included in the deluxe hosting package as 1 year free domain names.  I got that solved now, by buying it separately and because the dns records were already forwarding to the ip address, the domain name worked instantly, so everything is solved.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Now I did a whois lookup and it says that the domain is still available.  I didn't make any mistake when registering it on godaddy, I did however made a mistake with choosing the startup package while I needed the deluxe one, but that was solved yesterday, after calling the helpdesk.

Now I am getting worried that there was made a mistake here, when the startup package got cancelled I asked on the phone if the domain registration will remain untouched and they told me it did, so I didn't enter it again when I needed to fill in the free 1 year domain name.

Anyways, like I said, I have no clue how this check will be done whether or not I am in the Netherlands, but I hope to get some sort of reply here because more people here should be able to tell how this process is done and in what order.

Highlighted
Solution

I feel pretty stupid right now, but it appears eu domains are not included in the deluxe hosting package as 1 year free domain names.  I got that solved now, by buying it separately and because the dns records were already forwarding to the ip address, the domain name worked instantly, so everything is solved.

View solution in original post