cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Economy Linux Hosting with cPanel

Hello,

I was recently asked to migrate my website from the Free shared Classic Linux hosting account to the Economy Linux Hosting with cPane because Classic was no longer going to be supported.  Imagine my surprise when I was then informed the Form Mail script that I was using was not going to be supported by the Economy Linux Hosting with cPanec; as a result my Contact Form isn't working.

Okay, so I updated or migrated over to cPanel, now I need a form or whatever it may be to make my Contact Form work again, as it use too or better.

So, what do I need to do to fix my Contact Form and get it back to working again?

Thank You

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Economy Linux Hosting with cPanel

HI all! I am having the same problem.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I

Hi @mmji2000 and @EllenFaith58,

Here's a form builder I've used for about 10 years.  Its not free, but its more than just a basic form builder and is responsive to boot.

http://www.coffeecup.com/web-form-builder/

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

Hey James,

Thanks for the info, I'll look into it; sounds like it's something I can use for more than just simple web forms.

Peace,

Ellen

Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I

Hi @EllenFaith58,

If you do email list management and work with Mailchimp (or similar services) you'll find its capabilities quite nice!  Let me know if you need any help with it. 

Though I use Gravity Forms for my Wordpress installations now, you can get CoffeeCup forms to work with WP.  You just have to make sure your folders are properly placed relative to WP on your server. 

Good luck!

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

I have a working contact form, but I am finding that the message delivery takes an unacceptably long time. I am relying on consistent, speedy, and reliable message delivery from the site for it to perform the functions I need, but I am not finding it here. I also tried to use a different library like SwiftMailer to connect to an outside server and send, but apparently they only want you sending from localhost, so it does not work.  Has anyone else had these issues?

Here is what I am using. I pulled this out of a page, so hopefully I got it all. This runs through the local sendmail (however the server has that configured,) but it is SLOW! 3 minutes minimum for me sending to my gmail account. One of my associates said it was over 15 minutes some time today. 

<code>

<?
{
// The message
$message = "message body is this";
$headers = 'From: foo@bar.com' . "\r\n" . 'Reply-To: foo@bar.com' . "\r\n" . 'cc: foo@bar.com' . "\r\n" . 'X-Mailer: PHP/' . phpversion();

echo "Your Request Has Been Sent!<br><b><font size=+2><a href=index.php>Home</a></font></b>\n";
}

{
//Email_Address
// Send
mail('ura@lusr.com', 'Subject is here', $message, $headers);
}
?>

</code>

Headers are optional.

@SchmalzTech.

Hi so this is very helpful. Quick question though - I am very new to web design and don't know any php etc. So in order to make my contact form active what exactly would I do with the code you displayed? Thanks in advance!

Helper I
Helper I

It depends what you ended up using for your form, and what kind of site you have...do you have a standard HTML/CSS site? OR Wordpress, or Drupal, or Joomla, or what? It you have basic HTML, you shouldn't need php (but you can use it) ...or you can use javascript to post. You just need the post method that goes the best with your site construction. Can you put a little more information? (and I'm only a novice because I never posted "here" before...I'm not really a novice at all, LOL  )

@donnasander 

Looks like you might be the one to help me.

I am stuck with Form submission.

Here is the website - http://singaporeislamiccasket.com

The coding is prolly CSS/HTML

Thanks a million.

I have a copy of FormMail working on my site however it won't send me the mail since I most likely have the wrong path to sendmail.  I just got off the phone with hosting support and they never heard of sendmail.  I am hoping someone out there does know about sendmail and can give me the path (/usr/lib/sendmail/ ) to sendmail.  I thank you in advance for your help.