Google Channel policy requirements
To participate in Shopping ads or Free listings when using Google Channel, every merchant needs to follow Google’s Merchant Center guidelines to avoid an account suspension.
While some of these guidelines are taken care of for you through the partnership between Google and your GoDaddy site, you must make sure you’ve fulfilled these requirements on your site.
Explain your return and refund policy
Your refund and return policies must be accurate and easy to find on your website. If Google’s review team can’t find these, your account may be suspended. Even if you don't offer returns or refunds, still state your policy explicitly.
Make sure you explain the following:
- Policies (mandatory): Explain how you handle returns and refunds, including what the customer is required to do, the time frame and circumstances in which you accept returns, and when a customer can expect a refund.
- Return addresses (mandatory): Include where the return should be mailed.
- Rules (recommended): Share any rules for refunds and returns.
Provide contact information
Your contact information must be visible and accurately displayed on your website. A Contact Us form is not considered sufficient contact information.
Provide at least two of the following ways for customers to get in touch with you:
- A business email, such as a support contact.
- Phone number.
- Physical company address.
Consider adding your contact info to your website footer to make it easy for customers to find.
Satisfy other website requirements
Google sets some website requirements to make sure your online store connects properly and your customers have a good experience.
- Publish your website with a valid domain (a verified and claimed URL).
- Check that your website doesn’t have any broken links.
- Provide clear billing terms and conditions on your website, such as Terms of Service page, that stand out and are easy to see.
- Use a secure checkout process, such as GoDaddy Payments, PayPal, Stripe or Square.
- Make sure your accepted payment methods are visible on your website.
- Don’t misrepresent yourself or your products. Learn more about misrepresentation violations and how to resolve them.
- Learn more about Google Shopping on Marketplaces.
- Troubleshoot top reasons your products might be disapproved.
- Remember to add Google Shopping Actions to your Online Store Marketplace.
- Create a Google Smart Shopping campaign, then manage your campaigns and metrics.
- In addition to creating ads in Google, you might also want to create Facebook ads.
- Connect your store to other marketplaces, such as Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Facebook and Instagram.