Restore my Websites + Marketing site from a previous backup
The Websites + Marketing website editor saves every change as you work. It automatically makes backups when major changes occur, such as changing your theme, publishing your site or deleting a section. Some people like to create manual backups as well (also saved in your Site History).
Warning: Restoring your site from a backup removes all changes on your website after the date and time of the backup that you restore. It does not delete uploaded pictures, products or appointments, which are all managed from the menu on the Dashboard.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll to Websites + Marketing and select Manage next to your site to open your site.
- Select Edit Website or Edit Site to open your website builder.
- Select Settings, then Site History.
- Hover over the backup you'd like to restore and select Restore. Once you've restored your content, the website builder will show a confirmation message and the page will refresh.
- Use Preview to see the results and when you're ready to make the changes public, publish your site.
- If you published your website by mistake, we have instructions and options for you to unpublish your site.
- Your changes are saved as you work, and backups created automatically. However, you may still manually create a site back-up.
- If you want to start over again from the beginning, here's how to reset your site.