cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Advocate VII

Gift Certificates

Does anyone know how to give a client a gift certificate from GoDaddy?  For some clients, this would be a perfect "thank you".

Thanks,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Hey, I just mentioned GoDaddy gift cards on here last week but GoDaddy no longer offers new gift cards. The good news is that GoDaddy does accept some debit cards like the prepaid ones you buy at Walmart or Target. You can see all of the payments GoDaddy now accepts here.

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Hey, I just mentioned GoDaddy gift cards on here last week but GoDaddy no longer offers new gift cards. The good news is that GoDaddy does accept some debit cards like the prepaid ones you buy at Walmart or Target. You can see all of the payments GoDaddy now accepts here.

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

Technically, you can buy gift certificates from the Godaddy Store, but the restrictive part of the process is the tenure of your Godaddy Account and what payment types you have/had on file.

For some customers that started using Godaddy at or near launch and continued to do so, they can have different payment options from their account menu. I remain a bit "vague" because it really does depend on your relationship (time and products) with Godaddy.

My current account is relatively new, however our webmaster has had his account for 10+ years and he has a few different additional payment options than I do and has had gift certificate values in his account based on that relationship. Totally runon sentences....I know, just the train of thought as I try to recall over the past 10+ years all of the Godaddy options.

I think newer account still include Good As Gold, which I think you can still set up now and I would recommend if you want to use your checking account to fund an account and then gift (give access to) that account to your Clients (i.e. the Pro Account option))

My recommendation (just from my own use) would be to Get a Pro Account and Use Good as Gold -OR- Simply email the client a shortened (using any link shortener) URL that would contain the godaddy domain, tracking information for your Pro Account, and the very generous % of $ off promo codes that GoDaddy offers that you can find via a Google search or through a site like Ebates, MyPoints...

Then, if you want to go fully digital just send them an email like something like this:

THANK YOU!!

Where the hyperlink is some combination of the elements (tracking...promo...) that you want. Similar to:

Spoiler

Kind of depends on how deep you want to dive into the tracking elements of their URLs.....

Hope this helps rather than makes it sound even worse.