cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website showing maintenance page instead of site data..?

When I type my domain name in tab, it results in showing maintenance page instead of the site data. This result is same even when I login to wordpress account and try to open "visit site" link.

That maintenance page asks to login for an admin and when I login from there via hosting account details it again redirects to my godaddy hosting settings.

How can I get rid of that page and see my website live..??

9 REPLIES 9
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Re: Website showing maintenance page instead of site data..?

Doublechecking... Did you change your DNS nameservers to pull your new site? Sorta sounds like the domain is not pointing at the right servers.

Judith
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison

New

You probably had an error while updating a plugin.  Happens.  Log in via FTP and check your HTML folder for a file named, ".maintenance".  Simply delete the file to remove the message.

New

Hi Muse,

I'm having same issue and I have updated the nameservers where I've registered the domain. When I ping my domain name, it shows that its pointed to right IP and yet I see the maintennace page when I try to open my website.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sam

Super User II

@Sam13

Hmmmm.... If your DNS is correct and in your WordPress dashboard: Settings > General the WordPress Address and Site Address are your domain -- then it may be a theme or plugin conflict.

Did you delete the .maintenance file as @ddarty suggested?  If you did and that still did not resolve the issue you'll have to go through the conflict trouble-shooting process to eliminate that as a possibility.  I have a step-by-step article on my site.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison

New

When I type my domain name in tab, it results in showing maintenance page instead of the site data. This result is same even when I login to wordpress account and try to open "visit site" link.

That maintenance page asks to login for an admin and when I login from there via hosting account details it again redirects to my godaddy hosting settings.

How can I get rid of that page and see my website live..??

Same this issue happening with me. Kindly provide resolution..

Super User II

@Afreen

What you are experiencing can be due to several factors.   Did you already try the suggestions within this post?  In particular:

"You probably had an error while updating a plugin.  Happens.  Log in via FTP and check your HTML folder for a file named, ".maintenance".  Simply delete the file to remove the message."

HTH! 😉

Judith

New

@Muse

First of all thank you so much for your interest !

This issue has been resolved now ! and my web page is working on its way as it should be ! But thank you so much for your interest and concern about my problem.

how did you resolve this? Mine is stuck in the same situation and i have no idea what these people are referring to as FTP?? I'm 100% new at this but freaking out that my blog has been down for so long! 

how does one access their blog via "FTP" I have no idea what that even is. I'm having the same issue and no idea how to resolve. Any help would be so very appreciated!