Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to Solution
Skilled

Domain Forwarding Error: "Your domains must be in an eligible status."

[ Edited ]

I own two domains on godaddy; one is with hosting while the other not.

I forwarded my domain (without hosting) to the one with hosting, which is working fine but now

I want to forward that domain to a sub-domain of my domain with hosting plan.

I have tried updating the domain forwarding and deleting the old record but both ends up with the same error. "Your domains must be in an eligible status."

Please help me find a way around this issue.

Thanks

27 REPLIES
Novice

Re: Domain Forwarding Issue

Hi,

I have the exact same problem, I spoke to somebody at GoDaddy but the girl wasn't able to help

Novice

me too.

Skilled

The People at Godaddy has no idea what we are asking and are completely ignoring this issue

I have exactly the same problem. not impressed with Godaddy at all

Novice

I'm getting the same error, did anyone get an answer or a fix for this yet?

Domain Forwarding Error: "Your Domains Must Be In An Eligible Status."

Hey @helpinghands@Clerson@niepp888@designbywhacky@RonR,

My apologies for the delay responding to this thread. Although we try to monitor and engage when necessary in discussions here, keep in mind that this is not a standard customer support channel as it meant to be an open discussion forum. 

At the time of your original posts, we haven't had any reporting issues with our forwarding services that would prevent updates. If each of you are still experiencing the same error, I would recommend reaching out to our live support so our teams can help investigate within each of your accounts to help determine a specific cause. 

Let us know what they find. Hopefully it's just a minor status issue on the domain they can quickly resolve out. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
Skilled

Re: Domain Forwarding Error: "Your Domains Must Be In An Eligible Status."

Well No it is not a minor issue for someone having a website. I talked to Customer Support a couple of times and quite frankly they are not as experienced as they are supposed to be. When my issue remained unsolved even after talking to them I went ahead and bought hosting plan as well and well till date because of errors in your forwarding system the search engines and http response still gives out a 301.
I don't know how you guys managed to get an "award" but this customer care team in my opinion is just average or maybe below average. Sorry but this is the truth
Novice

Re: Domain Forwarding Error: "Your Domains Must Be In An Eligible Status."

Any luck on getting this fixed yet? 

Novice

Re: Domain Forwarding Error: "Your domains must be in an eligible status."

same issue, first time I tried godaddy - what a disappointment. Cant to anything with my domain.

Novice

I was considering moving my 60 plus domains to here as the company I'm with has ZERO customer service. I am just trying to make a change to a clients domain on here (report DNS) and it gives me the same error. I'm researching trying to find out why. Doesn't seem like anyone has found a resolution.

[ Edited ]

@Saharra @ricksmit @madchatter @helpinghands

Hi Folks!

Sorry you're all seeing this error. The community is not an avenue to our support team and it is they you will need to speak to fix this issue. Please reach out to them as soon as you can. Thank you for understanding.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Novice

I made some configuration changes to my domain (to be more specific, I switched from godaddy name servers to a third-party), and started getting this error when trying to forward my domain. I re-tried in a few hours and succeeded. I guess my domain was in some transitional state and changing forwarding configuration was not allowed. The message is pretty misleading, I agree.

Novice

I spoke (chat) with tech support and she said Tech Support was aware of the issue and are in the process of fixing it.  There is nothing they can do in the meantime.

I am just trying to change contact information because an employee left the company.

Novice

Experienced the same problem and found a solution off-site when experiencing the following Godaddy error sequence:.

When trying to save the Forwarding results, the message is generated:
Confirmation
We`re having difficulty processing this request.
1 domains had issues "View errors"
OK

Clicking on View errors results in the following message:
These domains were not processed due to errors:
Your domains must be in eligible status
example.com
OK

Godaddy has known about this problem for months and still provides no way to determine how to change eligible status or even determine what the term refers to.

To resolve this problem:
1 go to the browser`s privacy settings and clear all cookies/cache/site data.
2 reload the page.

[ Edited ]

Hey @MDDCGLLC

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

Appreciate you taking a moment to share your suggested work around. To offer a little more insight, we've found the "Your domains must be in an eligible status." error is typically appearing after a recent change to the domain forwarding settings and then trying to change it again within the same hour of the last update. 

It most cases it clears up really quickly once the DNS system has had a moment to catch up and process the last change requested. However, when this thread started to see more folks affected a few months ago we were experiencing an alert where some of these were getting stuck in that status. We've since resolved that issue. 

Hopefully some folks will find your tip helpful should this occur, but if the error persists for longer than an hour then we still recommend reaching out to our live support to further assist. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Novice

Godaady support team is not in position to resolve the issue. Tried contacting  several time but all in vain. 

Novice

I had the same "problem". In my case, it was because I had made a change to the contact information associated with my domain. This changed the domain status to "Pending". In order to change it to "Active", one must respond to the email GoDaddy automatically sends, and approve the change. The choice of words in the message is unfortunate, because it provides absolutely no indication or the problem or how to resolve it.

Just log in to your account and select Manage my domains. That is where you can see Status; Pending or Active. It is likely Pending if you got the "must be eligible status" error message. Respond to the email, and Approve the change. Refresh the page with Ctrl F5, and it will likely be Active by the time you get back to it. The status change was almost instantaneous for me. While the support team cannot respond to your email for you, it is poor that they do not know about it and can't help users solve this problem. Usually they are great, and have ably helped me when I have needed it.

My site is down because of this. 

This is a NO GO situation

helpinghands wrote:

I own two domains on godaddy; one is with hosting while the other not.

I forwarded my domain (without hosting) to the one with hosting, which is working fine but now

I want to forward that domain to a sub-domain of my domain with hosting plan.

I have tried updating the domain forwarding and deleting the old record but both ends up with the same error. "Your domains must be in an eligible status."

Please help me find a way around this issue.

Thanks

RH4
Novice

it's pretty obvious they aren't helping.. stop passing the buck and someone in the company be responsible. the web is 24/7 365 days a year. you should have support for that or lose business

Novice

Re: Domain TRANSFER Error: "Your domains must be in an eligible status."

I get the error when I try to transfer the domain to godaddy

"Re: Domain TRANSFER Error: "Your domains must be in an eligible status."

no help from chat ??

Novice

Had same issue, only thing i understood is after making a few changes to redirection , we need to wait for some 2-5 minutes so process can complete, most of us try to hurryup the process hence process get pending. I sorted out myself but surely message is misleading.

Novice

This is pretty **bleep**ty.

Novice

I am ready to host this domain with a new site that I want to get up.

How do I release it so I can launch the site

Can not deleted domain forwarding record

I previously created a forwarding for my domain.

I now wish to delete the forwarding, but when I click the delete button on the forwarding panel I get the following error: Your domains must be in an eligible status.

My domain status is currently active and I have no pending changes, so why can I not delete this forwarding record?

Novice

[ Edited ]

Just purchased 2 domains yesterday and attempted to forward them both to another domain. One processed fine, but the other gave this very error. I tried a couple times with no success and then left it overnight. I just tried to forward it again, but I am getting the same error, so it may be stuck in this status loop, however the statue is showing 'ACTIVE' and I have received no verification of address emails, so I'm puzzled as to what the problem could actually be. Any help would be grateful.

Novice

Domain Forwarding Error: "Your Domains Must Be In An Eligible Status.

I checked the community page and found this has been an issue - it states there is a solution but I don't see one that indicates this problem is solved.

I have purchased many domains in the past and forwarded without any issues.  Today I purchased two domains and could not forward either and got the same message that the domains must be in an eligible status.

Novice

forwarding issues

trying to forward and keep getting this error

Your domains must be in an eligible status.