cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Renewing just my domain name

Can I just Renew my domain name and not the website builder portion and still have my existing website operational and changeable as needed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II

No, the domain registration is simply the web address.  The website templates, editor, and hosting are part of the Website Builder plan, which would not continue if the plan is cancelled or expires.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User II

No, the domain registration is simply the web address.  The website templates, editor, and hosting are part of the Website Builder plan, which would not continue if the plan is cancelled or expires.

View solution in original post

Because of phishing, my credit card foe auto renewal often changes.  I want to be sure that my domain name is automatically renewed.  How can I do that?

If you add "Protected Registration" they extend the renewal grace period in case there are any issues with auto-renewal, in addition to adding another verification layer to help prevent unintended transfers.  Though I'll note this is a paid upgrade that isn't extremely cheap.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/what-is-protected-registration-1286

I generally recommend manually renewing early for those who are worried about this.  Depending on the registry you can prepay up to a total of 10 years out, and you can keep topping it off each year if you want.

may have to remove our site due to lack of use