Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Tomilayo
New

Unable to verify your domain. Please confirm that you have followed all steps listed below.

hello,

following the response I received from the SSL certificate processing, we have updated the necessary things as required, the things we have done

1. we have added "a TXT DNS record to our site's DNS."

then we tried moving forward by clicking on the "CHECK FOR HTML/DNS" button and we got this error :

"Unable to verify your domain. Please confirm that you have followed all steps listed below."

2. when the first steps failed we proceed to upload the "godaddy.html" file generated on the page to our root directory "public_html/" but still giving the same error

"Unable to verify your domain. Please confirm that you have followed all steps listed below."

please is there anyone to help look at this issue?

PS: we have our hosting on another server but we have updated the TXT DNS

thank you

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@Tomilayo 

HTML file must be in a specific location as it states hence the URL I provided in my response.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

we thank you so much for taking out of your time to rectify this issue,@PL281

for future references,

I was wrong by the path "/public_html"  I uploaded the "godaddy.html" file to, with your response, I then change it to "/public_html/.well-known/pki-validation/" and it solved the issue.

thank you once again!!!

6 REPLIES 6
PL281
Super User IV

@Tomilayo 

What is your domain name?

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

My domain name is:

Tomxcredit.com

@Tomilayo 

So http://tomxcredit.com/.well-known/pki-validation/godaddy.html was not found

and I don't see a TXT record for @ as the host and whatever the text string you got as the value.

That is why it isn't validating 

Thank you for your email

Please check this link, the file is available here.

http://tomxcredit.com/godaddy.html

@Tomilayo 

HTML file must be in a specific location as it states hence the URL I provided in my response.

we thank you so much for taking out of your time to rectify this issue,@PL281

for future references,

I was wrong by the path "/public_html"  I uploaded the "godaddy.html" file to, with your response, I then change it to "/public_html/.well-known/pki-validation/" and it solved the issue.

thank you once again!!!