• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Managed WordPress Error: Connection Reset/Timeout

Hi there, 

I have a number of Managed WP sites that have been constantly timing out for a while now and this is very annoying. This problem comes up when doing things in the Control Panel or when just acting like readers would, ie reading the blog. GD isn't particularly cheap for the 'great' service it provides. Is there a status page where the current state of service can be checked? Also, what is the email address of support where I can escalate this? I don't want to call them so pls don't redirect me to the local phone number.

I don't have any special settings or plugins or anything else in place and I'm pretty sure that the behaviour is not normal.

Thnx

5 REPLIES 5
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: Managed WordPress Error: Connection Reset/Timeout

Hi, @nviktor. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community. 

Connection reset/timeout could point to an issue on our end. However, most of the time it is related to security filters responding to activity on the site. Since this would be an issue that would probably require some adjustment on our end, you would need to get in contact with Support. However, you may see a resolution by disabling plugins. That wouldn't be a long term solution (unless you decide to delete the plugins), but it could help you narrow down what the cause is. If you need to have the plugins active, you would need to connect with support to see about getting them cleared with our hosting security. We do have a status page here, but it will only show issues that are affecting a lot of our customers. There isn't currently a support email address. Sorry Man Sad

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

We've been experiencing the now-well-documented Managed Wordpress database failure off and on for 2 weeks. As  I understand this is an issue with the attempted upgrade of Godaddy Managed wordpress SQL version and the resulting Object-Caching error (based on 32 calls into Godaddy over the last 2 weeks and discussions with other devs like myself on other forums). I've never seen this level of catastrophic failure at Godaddy and I've been with them since the late 1990s with 140+ sites that I support on godaddy. Again this morning, the recurring database connection error. Several clients have thousands thousands of dollars due to Godaddy's botched mysql upgrade and whatever else is happening to take the MW sites offline regularly. Catastrophic failure on Godaddy's part. Looked at Downdetector again - unbelievable.

Helper I

you need a biger plan, like Deciate or VPS, so you are out of resource...

Have you installed or updated any Security Plugins recently? Like WordFence or Sucuri (now owned by GoDaddy)?

I was getting a Timeout issue about a week after I added Sucuri website firewall and I was still running the Sucuri plugin. Also, check you're blocked and whitelisted IP Addresses! Odds are it's a security plugin issue.

If you can't log into your site, you can kill running plugins from phpMyAdmin.

Aaron at Big Ten Web Design in Iowa City, IA

Have you installed or updated any Security Plugins recently? Like WordFence or Sucuri (now owned by GoDaddy)?

I was getting a Timeout issue about a week after I added Sucuri website firewall and I was still running the Sucuri plugin. Also, check you're blocked and whitelisted IP Addresses! Odds are it's a security plugin issue

If you can't log into your site, you can kill running plugins from phpMyAdmin.

Aaron at Big Ten Web Design in Iowa City, IA