• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

posts via email is blocked after "upgrade"!!

Today. My hosting get "upgraded" and the usual "posts via email" stop working. I contact godaddy. I was told to reinstall my plugin, I did and I tried another plugin. Same thing. It's blocked or something. Can't connect to google via Pop or Iamp any more. Help!

Anyone has the same problem?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

Re: posts via email is blocked after "upgrade"!!

Hi @shawncao,

What do you mean exactly ' My hosting get "upgraded ' ? This is the problem with sites like Wordpress, before making upgrades please check that dependencies are compatible with the upgrades. Not all plugins will be compatible with all upgrades, as most plugins are maintained by solo or small teams of developers, who simply don't have the resources to be constantly rebuilding or updating them. Unlike someone developing apple apps for example, on the App Store. 

You have several choices, though limited, either undo the hosting upgrade (It wasn't PHP7 by any chance?) and revert back to former status, or contact the plugin creators for possible solutions.

Regards

This is the email I got from Godaddy:

We've got great news for you! Today, we finished migrating your hosting account, nukeprice.com, to a new server; you should start noticing improvements within 24 hours. Your visitors – they're really going to appreciate it!

The transition should've been seamless for you, unless your account hosts secondary domains or subdomains. If it does, you'll need to update their primary IP addresses (A records) with whoever controls the domain's DNS (typically the company you used to register your domain) to:

Thanks for your help.

Anyway. after this "upgrade" word press no longer be able to get mail from gmail.

I have changed code to do direct push instead of emails now.

This is the email I got from Godaddy:

We've got great news for you! Today, we finished migrating your hosting account, nukeprice.com, to a new server; you should start noticing improvements within 24 hours. Your visitors – they're really going to appreciate it!

The transition should've been seamless for you, unless your account hosts secondary domains or subdomains. If it does, you'll need to update their primary IP addresses (A records) with whoever controls the domain's DNS (typically the company you used to register your domain) to:

Anyway, I change my code to do direct push now.