cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

MX record for Office365 email

What are the settings to connect a GoDaddy hosted domain to a GoDaddy Office365 email account?

The instructions provided here are not specific enough:
“Points to - Enter the mail server's address, such as smtp.secureserver.net.“

I have not been receiving all emails, only some of them, due to conflicting MX records at my old service provider. So I transferred both the email service and domain hosting to GoDaddy for better service. But the settings were not configured properly when GoDaddy set up the new account. (Name Server was left at the old service, and no MX record at all!)
2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: MX record for Office365 email

Hey there @Kara23 

It's a common misconception, but when hosting and domains are transferred in, it's the responsibility of the account holder to configure everything correctly, not the hosting company.

That being said, this guide should help you get your email configuration set up correctly. Make sure you go to the MX Entry section in cPanel and set it to remote for the domain as well. 

Hope that helps!

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

New

Re: MX record for Office365 email

Thank you Joe! This is completely different from the instructions that GoDaddy has provided. If they are selling email via Microsoft now, they really need to update the corresponding technical articles.