cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Block an email address with a free email forwarding account

Hi,

I have set up a 'free email forwarding with domain' email which has worked great but for the past month I have received daily spam emails from the same email address and would like to block it.  However, the only help articles I can find tell me to "Go to your Workspace Webmail account".  I don't seem to be able to do this, and presume it is because I only have 'free forwarding' and not an actual email account.

So how can I block this sender?  Or has this one person effectively rendered this function useless for me now?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Advocate VI Advocate VI
Advocate VI
Solution

Re: Block an email address with a free email forwarding account

@nicp,

How are you reading your email after it's forwarded? Outlook? Gmail? MacMail? Some other email app? There may be a way to block it when it gets to your email system, such that it automatically goes into spam or junk.

New

I am reading in in gmail.  The problem is that the email is forwarded to the gmail account from "xxxx@gmail.com (no-reply@weebly.com)" where xxx@gmail.com is the email address I want to block and no-reply@weebly.com is the forwarding address of my site.  I have set up a rule to block this sender which is working and sending all the emails to the bin, but I was worried that all other enquiries would be similarly deleted.  However it seems that Googlemail is able to block the sender xxxx@gmail.com despite the fact that the email is actually send from no-reply@weebly.com, so this has worked while an enquiry I sent from the website contact form using my email address was not blocked so I seem to have a solution.
Thanks!  

I'd like to know how to do this, too.  I read in Outlook, and I block every spam email that comes in, but no change.  I thought if I changed the email forward that I'd get rid of the problem, no luck.  It's not just once a day, it's multiple times a day, about once an hour, from the same email, jfvynms4281rt@hotmail.com.  Any ideas appreciated!

i am getting unwanted email in my inbox

Hi guys,

i am getting unwanted email from different different fake domains, regarding the same i called go daddy support to get it fixed but no luck, in fact there avoiding my call. can you help here.

Thanks

Arvind Chormalle

Helper V Helper V
Helper V

Re: i am getting unwanted email in my inbox

Do you have a cPanel?
~Jan Mykhail Hasselbring Web Administrator @ wwwR.us
Email:support@wwwr.us Phone:4435-WWW R US or (443) 599-9787

Smiley Very Happy

LOL

I'm getting spam on one of my email address and want to have those emails forwarded to the "trash" or blocked. I don't want to turn off my Catch All setting on this email domain. How can I do this?