cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Change Workspace Email Address

Hi.  My admin originally set up my email address in Workspace email as bs@abccompany.com.  How do I change that to bobsmith@abccompany.com?  I can edit everything else under that email address but can't find where to change the email address itself.  Is my only option to create a new email address and delete the old one?  Thank you for any help you can give.

13 REPLIES 13
Solution

Re: Change Workspace Email Address

Hi @gww, yes your only option is to delete the existing email address and create the new one. I suggest saving any contacts or messages before doing so. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
New

I just took care of it.  Thank you for the help and quick response.

New
Solution

Actually, there is another option that avoids the need to delete the original account.

First, you'd create your preferred address (bobsmith@abccompany.com) as a forwarding account that forwards to your original address (bs@abccompany.com). This will allow you to receive email sent to your preferred address.

Second, you'd set up your email client and/or the web access to use a sending alias equal to your preferred address, making it the default. That way, even though you're really using your original address to send email, it will appear to recipients to come from your preferred address.

You'd continue to use your original account when logging into the web mail access, or for email client account configuration.

send me to verify EMAIL

Hello

please send me to verify EMAIL at my mail: 

sendbadelmasry1050@yahoo.com

I can't use my account

thanx

New

If a large business account is hacked, what then?

Solution

There's an edit button on the Email & Office page that you can use to change the user part of the email address, and even the domain name if you want to. Go Daddy also redirects emails to the new address! I just found out. Hope this helps anyone who's looking.

Cheers

New

Where is this option? I'm trying to change the first part of my email address from hello@... to hi@...

but I can't see this option anywhere. Please help if you can! Thank you!

Bill - where is the Email and Office Page?

Actually I see the Email and Office page but I do not see an edit button.

I do not see that part either any know?

Office 365 doesn't seem to have a sending alias. I wish it did!

Thank you, Bill_who!  This was exactly what I needed.  And the fix was easy peasy!

New

@Bill_who: If you have that option, great! I wonder if that's only available with some kind of premium email plan, because I find no such capability in my case. The Email & Office page's Edit option lets me change the password, email plan, quota (mailbox capacity), and SMTP relays. No option to change the email address.