Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
McWit
New

Website Displays SSL Certificate Error

I have a website with SSL Certificates  (WingFling.org) applied properly but shows error when someone tries to use some browsers.  Here is what I get with Firefox:

"Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.wingfling.org. Peer’s Certificate has been revoked.

Error code: SEC_ERROR_REVOKED_CERTIFICATE

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem."

I use a multipack SSL but have applied an SSL to both the www.wingfling.org and just wingfling.org.  It shows fine in Opera, Edge and Chrome and on my android.  A client contacted me about it not displaying properly but I don't know what browser she was using.

Any idea what is going on and how to remedy the situation?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
PL281
Super User IV

@McWit 

I just checked on Chrome, Safari and Firefox on a Mac and they all showed as Certificate Revoked - I suggest giving GoDaddy a call and speaking with a rep about this - I don't have personal experience but from the quick search I did, depending on the type of multiple domain SSL Certificate you have, changing / adding / removing a domain can cause the original certificate to be revoked and require a new certificate to be generated

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

McWit
New

After talking with GoDaddy, I was told that the issue is on Apple and their parameters for visiting sites.  Apple will not allow a site to pull in as safe if it is set up through the multiple SSL package.  I have yet to prove this as the solution.  The website is being moved and set up with an individual certificate and different hosting.  (Not my choice, but client choice-I was unwilling to foot the bill for an individual SSL as it is a site that I was doing for free.).

4 REPLIES 4
PL281
Super User IV

@McWit 

It sounds like perhaps you were out of domains on your multipack - somehow the current SSL certificate was "revoked" which means you need to rekey / reinstall it

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Not the issue.  In fact I have extras available.  I bought a 10 pack.  Nothing was revoked and it does fine on most browsers.  Another IT person for the client checked and said the site was safe and properly secured with SSL.    Trying to find out why one browser would create this issue.

PL281
Super User IV

@McWit 

I just checked on Chrome, Safari and Firefox on a Mac and they all showed as Certificate Revoked - I suggest giving GoDaddy a call and speaking with a rep about this - I don't have personal experience but from the quick search I did, depending on the type of multiple domain SSL Certificate you have, changing / adding / removing a domain can cause the original certificate to be revoked and require a new certificate to be generated

McWit
New

After talking with GoDaddy, I was told that the issue is on Apple and their parameters for visiting sites.  Apple will not allow a site to pull in as safe if it is set up through the multiple SSL package.  I have yet to prove this as the solution.  The website is being moved and set up with an individual certificate and different hosting.  (Not my choice, but client choice-I was unwilling to foot the bill for an individual SSL as it is a site that I was doing for free.).