cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

"If you're the site owner, log in to launch this site" ?

Signed  up. uploaded all my files to the root of my  ftp  when I go to my site I get  "Future ome of something quite cool. If you're the site owner, log in to launch this site.." gone to that link, it takes me to my cpanel and then what?

I don't know how to launch my site?

10 REPLIES 10

Re: "If you're the site owner, log in to launch this site" ?

any help?

i need help with this, as well!  i've never had this problem with previous websites i've done so this was an odd messaget to get.  and like the original poster it takes me to the cpanel and i cannot figure out how to "launch" my website there.   by the way, i use dreamweaver and ftp for my sites.

did you manage to solve this problem. ive never done this beofre. just uploaded my first site following all the steps correctly but im getting the same screen "if you the site owner....

New

Same here. My website looks fine in the preview, but it doesn't show up on the Internet.

New
Solution

I called the helpline, and they told me that my file name needed to be in all small letters. I switched it to index.html, and now it works!

I'm having the exact same problem. Any advice?

Solution

Had the same problem - renamed my homepage "index.html" and it worked.

Helper II
Solution

as mentioned, your .html file should be labeled index.html and do you have a public_html folder, instead of root directory? Put everything in public_html if you have access, and if you can find the index.html file, that should tell you where to place things. Remember file structure will help you massive down the line. 

hope that helps

I have done everything mentioned.  there was a redirect setup originally by my client.  I deleted the redirect for the domain name.  If I enter the ip address I get the "If you are the site owner, log in to launch this site" message.  My files are in the public_html folder and have a file named index.html for the home page.  I just launched 2 other sites this week on here and no problems.  This site however is having this problem.  I can understand the domain name redirect change needing to propagate but the ip address entered in the browser should take me to the site.  So what else needs to be done to "launch" the site?

On public_html, there is file name "home.html" delete it and refresh your site.