Change the domain on my Office 365 email account
Sometimes you need to change the domain associated with your address. Before you can change your domain, it must:
- Be registered with GoDaddy.
- Be registered in the same account as your Office 365 email plan.
- Have an active zone file for the GoDaddy domain and be in the same account as your Office 365 email plan.
- Not currently be federated to an existing Microsoft Office 365 tenant.
Change your Office 365 email domain
Watch a short video of this task farther down the page.
- Sign in to your Email & Office Dashboard (use your GoDaddy username and password).
- Select Manage next to the email address you want to update.
- In Account information, select Edit.
- Next to Username, select Change domain. A drop-down list will show the available domains in your account that meet the requirements for use on Office 365.
- Choose your new domain and select Ok, Got it. This acknowledges that your new and old domains will be linked.
- Select Save. You might be asked to update your password and create a new one. Enter and confirm your new password, then select Save & Continue. It can take up to 24 hours for your domain change to update.
- To continue to send and receive email, remove your old email address from your devices and then add your new email address.
- If you change the username, it automatically creates an alias (or a forward) of the previous username so you won't miss any emails sent to the old email address.
- For information on managing your domain's DNS at GoDaddy, visit Manage DNS zone files.
- For help signing in to your Office 365 email account, see Sign in to Office online or Outlook.com.