Process a local delivery order on the Poynt Smart Terminal
When a customer places a local delivery order, use the Poynt Smart Terminal to process the order, process payment and complete the order when it’s been delivered.
The Orders app only displays local delivery and pickup orders. Orders delivered through standard shipping methods (like UPS) appear in your Transactions, but their fulfillment isn’t managed through the Poynt Smart Terminal.
Note: You’ll need to set up the Local Delivery shipping method in your Websites + Marketing online store if you’d like to offer this option to customers. From your website dashboard, select Commerce > Shipping Methods > Local Delivery.
- From the Poynt Smart Terminal home menu, tap Orders.
- Tap the Status dropdown and check the box next to Open. Tap Apply.
- Tap the Types dropdown and check the box next to Delivery. Tap Apply.
- A list of all open local delivery orders will appear. Tap an order to open the order details.
- Prepare the order and deliver it to your customer.
- If the order is Unpaid, process the customer’s payment. (If the order is Paid, skip this step.)
- Tap Charge.
- Tap the payment method field in the upper-right corner and select the customer’s payment method (Credit, Cash, Manual Entry, etc.).
- Follow the onscreen prompts to process the customer’s payment.
- Tap Done.
- Tap Mark Delivered to complete the order.
- Learn how to process a pickup order.
- What to do if orders aren't appearing on the Poynt Smart Terminal.