Subscribe to a Poynt Smart Terminal app
You can customize your Poynt Smart Terminal with a variety of apps designed to help you manage your business. Many apps include a free trial, so you can test the app out first and make sure it’s what you’re looking for.
Subscribe to apps through the Dashboard in your web browser or through the App Center on your Smart Terminal.
Note: Some apps are only compatible with a specific Smart Terminal version (like V3.0). Before subscribing to an app, make sure it’s compatible with your device. You can find your Smart Terminal version number on a sticker on the back of your device, and compatibility info in the app details.
- Sign in to your In Person Overview page (use your GoDaddy username and password).
- Select App Center.
- Under Discover Apps, search or browse through the available apps to find one that interests you.
- Select the app to see more information, including an overview of features, price, Smart Terminal compatibility and company support info.
- Under Pricing & Subscriptions, review the details about available pricing and plans, and then select Subscribe for the plan you want to purchase.
- If you’re purchasing a plan that charges by device, select the Smart Terminal(s) where you want to download the app, and then select Subscribe.
- Select Subscribe again. Charges will be applied to your default payment method.
Note: Payment methods can only be changed through the App Center on your Smart Terminal. Learn how to add or change your default payment method.
- To download the app to your Smart Terminal, select Subscriptions and locate the app in the list. Select Actions, and then select Install App or Install on Terminal. If prompted,select the device(s) where you want to install the app.
Note: All Smart Terminal users can view, browse and access apps. Only users with the Owner or Manager roles can download them.
- From the Smart Terminal home screen, tap on Apps.
- Use the For You or All apps tabs to locate an app that interests you. Adjust the filters to narrow your search to specific categories (like restaurants or retail) and subscription types.
- Tap the app to see more information, including an overview of features, price and company support info.
- Tap View Plans for details about available pricing and plans, then tap Subscribe next to the plan you want to purchase.
- If prompted, review the terms and conditions and tap I Agree.
- Select an existing Payment Method you’d like to use. You can also select Add New Payment Method to add a new credit card for the purchase.
- Tap Subscribe. You’ll see a message that your subscription was successful, and the app will download to your Smart Terminal.
- Find out which apps are available for your Smart Terminal.
- If an app isn’t a good fit for your business needs, you can cancel or unsubscribe anytime.