Troubleshoot Wi-Fi connectivity
Reset your wireless connection and run a diagnostics test to help resolve issues if your Poynt Smart Terminal isn’t connecting to your wireless network, the connection keeps dropping, or you’re experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Red or yellow triangle icon has appeared in the top bar of the Smart Terminal.
- PC5: Network Error pop-up appears.
- Your Smart Terminal is unable to process transactions.
- During a transaction, after tapping Charge the Smart Terminal displays Authorizing with a spinning circle for an extended period.
Step 1: Reset your wireless network connection
Reset your Smart Terminal’s Wi-Fi connection, to make sure it’s connected to the correct wireless network.
- Tap Settings on the second page of the Smart Terminal home screen.
- Tap Network Settings, then tap Wi-Fi (under Preferences).
- Verify that the Wi-Fi toggle is set to On and that your wireless network appears in the list.
Note: If the Wi-Fi toggle doesn’t turn on or if no (or minimal) wireless networks display, please contact us for additional assistance. Our GoDaddy Guides are here to help.
- Tap the name of your wireless network, then tap Forget to disconnect the network from your Smart Terminal.
- Tap your wireless network, enter your password and tap Connect to reset your wireless connection.
- Verify your network connection status:
- If your network displays “Connected,” your Smart Terminal and wireless network are connected properly.
- If your network displays “Authenticating Network,” re-start your router and try connecting again.
Step 2: Run a diagnostic test
If resetting your network connection doesn’t resolve the issue, try running a diagnostic test.
- On the Smart Terminal home screen, tap the Search Bar > Help > Diagnostics.
- Tap Wi-Fi Connection to run a diagnostic test.