Use my existing number with GoDaddy Conversations
Conversations standalone subscribers can use can use their existing phone number with GoDaddy Conversations. Before you start the transfer process, here are some important things to note:
- Verify with your current carrier that your account is active and your number can be transferred/ported out.
- GoDaddy does not charge any fees to transfer numbers in or out, but you're responsible for any termination or port-out fees that your current carrier may charge.
- You cannot use GoDaddy Conversations for 911 or emergency calls. You'll need to use your personal number to call emergency services.
- Some platforms, such as banks, email providers and your social media, will not send verification numbers or security codes to non-cellular numbers. You'll need to use your personal cellular number to receive verification codes.
- You'll need a paid GoDaddy Conversations plan to transfer your number.
- If you're still in a Conversations free trial period, wait for the free trial to end before you start the transfer process.
How to transfer your number to GoDaddy Conversations
- Call a GoDaddy Guide at (480)-366-3550. They'll help you get a paid plan if you don't already have one, and direct you to a link to submit your transfer form. If there are any issues, we'll email the address you provided on your transfer form.
- GoDaddy will work directly with your current carrier to complete the transfer. It takes 5 to 15 business days, depending on the carrier. It's unlikely that there'll be any downtime, but if there is, it'll be minimal.
- You'll receive an email confirmation when the transfer is complete.