cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Saving Emails in Workspace in a useful format?

Is there any way to save an email in Workspace in a useful format?  The only option is gives is .eml, which, as far as I can tell, nobody recognizes, including Workspace!  I can't even bring a saved email back into Workspace to look at it.

My goal is to save emails which I may never reference, but also just might want to reference some day, off to disc so I can free up some space on Workspace.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I downloaded Mozilla Thunderbird, which is able to read .eml files on my disc, so I'm all set.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hey @Caesariatus,

The .eml format is commonly used in email clients such as Outlook. Our email teams may also request you to export this file for troubleshooting purposes. 

If you're just looking to save messages off of the WorkSpace interface then your best option would be to download the messages through a desktop client to save the files to your local drive. Beyond that, there's no other method I'm personally aware of for saving messages to a local drive. 

If any other member has some other suggestions for personal message backups, perhaps they'd be willing to share some more insight here.

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Let's try this again.

@CG

If you're just looking to save messages off of the WorkSpace interface then your best option would be to download the messages through a desktop client to save the files to your local drive.

How the $%^& do I escape quote mode?

Anyway (This is Caesariatus.)  that's what I was trying to do.  It doesn't do me any good to save emails to disc, though, if I can't read them.  I would be happy if I could just insert an .eml file into a Workspace composition window.

Hey @Caesariatus,

If you use the 'quote' feature just click below the quote to compose the rest of your message outside of it. 

As for inserting a .eml into the composition, technically you can do this. However, this doesn't open the file and place the contents into the body of your message, just attach the file to the message for the recipient to download and open in their desktop client. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

I downloaded Mozilla Thunderbird, which is able to read .eml files on my disc, so I'm all set.

View solution in original post