Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vibug
New

Set mail destination for mysite.com

Hi.

I want to create email, like info@mysite.com

I registered the domain (domail registered in ukraine.com.ua)

Buy in GoDaddy Professional Email  support and try to create email.

Before can finish setting up to my account, GoDaddy need to verify that I'm owner of mysite.com

I'm choosing DNS provider (in choice: other)

I added TXT and CNAME records in my manage account of mysite.com, but I can't add MX record.

I get an error:   Field must contain "DATA" records of type of MX address of existent record of type of A

The MX record is bellow:

Host: @  Priority:0   
  Target:  mysite-com.mail.protection.outlook.com

This record can't resolving and domain service provider can't add this MX record

P.S. mysite must be change to real name

What can I do to that it is correct to add the MX record?

Please, help me deside this problem

With best regards

1 REPLY 1
JesseW
Community Manager

Hey @vibug. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

That sounds like a strange issue. If you're domain's DNS is hosted outside of our system, it's possible that the DNS changes that occurred when you created your address (the creation of the record for  mysite-com.mail.protection.outlook.com) hasn't yet propagated to the point that your DNS provider is able to resolve it. That would be my guess, since the error you're receiving seems to be regarding the resolution of the record destination. I'd recommend double checking with your DNS provider to see if that could be the problem.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.