cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZOHO Email

Hi Everyone,

I have a domain managed by GoDaddy that is now hosted by WP-Engine. Because Wp-Engine doesn't come with email account I am planning on using Zoho.

The Zoho setup for GoDaddy tells me to do the following however when I log into GoDaddy to manage Domains I receive the message "We can't display your DNS information because your nameservers aren't managed by us"

Add CNAME for verification - GoDaddy

If the DNS Manager for your domain is hosted with GoDaddy, follow the steps below to add a CNAME and verify the domain.

1. Login to your GoDaddy DNS Manager. Select the My Account menu and choose Domains.
  2. Expand Domains and click the Manage DNS button for the domain you want to verify.
  3. The DNS Manager page will open with information about existing DNS records. 
  4. Scroll down to the Records section and click the Add button to add a DNS record
  5. Select CNAME from the Type drop-down menu.
  6. In the Host field, enter the unique zbcode (zb*******) generated for your domain in Zoho Mail. 
  7. In the Points to field, enter zmverify.zoho.com
  8. Click Save.

Configure MX Records for Email Delivery - GoDaddy

If your domain's DNS Manager is hosted with Go Daddy, follow the below steps to add MX records for your Domain for email delivery. 

1. Login to your GoDaddy DNS Manager. Select the My Account menu and choose Domains.
  2. Expand Domains and click the Manage DNS button for the domain you want to verify.
  3. The DNS Manager page will open with information regarding the existing DNS records. 
  4. Scroll down to the Records section and click the Add button to add a DNS record.
  5. Select MX from the Type drop-down menu.
  6. In the Host field, enter @ to denote the default domain for email delivery.
  7. In the Points to field, enter mx.zoho.com.
  8. In Priority field, select 10
  9. Click Save 
  10. Click Add again to add another MX record with value mx2.zoho.com under Points to and set Priority to 20.
  11. Repeat the steps to add the third MX record with value mx3.zoho.com and Priority set to 50

Any ideas on what I have to do to enable Zoho to work? Or can you provide an alternative solution.

Thanks

Richard

2 REPLIES 2

Re: ZOHO Email

Hey @ascoughdigital,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

Were you able to work this out on your own at all? If so, I'm sure some members would like to hear the solution. 

If you're still running into the "We can't display your DNS information because your nameservers aren't managed by us" error, that generally indicates you're domain is pointed to third party servers we don't have any control over in our DNS manager. You mentioned this being hosted with WP-Engine, did they not allow you to make these zone record updates on their own DNS? 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Re: ZOHO Email

Hi all,

Any solution to this problem?

I've also followed the setup instructions, and unfortunately I still can't get it to work.  I'm getting a 553 Relaying Disallowed error.  I've setup the MX servers as per the instructions on my GoDaddy instructions, and I've checked my username and password.  What else am I missing?

Help, #dontknowwhatelsetodo

Cheers,

Bart